Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey there!
    I've accepted RVC bioveterinary science as my firm offer, and was wondering if anyone had had their accommodation packs through?
    Thanks,
    Luke G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukegrinham)
    Hey there!
    I've accepted RVC bioveterinary science as my firm offer, and was wondering if anyone had had their accommodation packs through?
    Thanks,
    Luke G
    I've also accepted RVC Biovet as my firm choice!
    I've heard nothing yet- I hope they send something out soon!!
    Which accommodation do you prefer. I'm hopefully going to get into College Grove as I live far away from London. :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm feeling College Grove myself, looks really good we could be room mates! :P
    Whereabouts do you live? I'm near Stratford/Birmingham, so London is quite a distance away

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Manchester- :-) did you apply for BVetMed too? I didn't, just biovet! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahh even further away!
    Yeah, at 4 universities, but I loved the look of this course anyway, so I don't feel hard done by
    What are you planning to do after? X

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I'm not sure really? Quite liking the idea of graduate BVetMed although it is expensive!
    What about you? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good choice either that or I'll do a PhD in something genetic. Considering the placement year that they mentioned? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got a letter from them the other day and it said that accomodation packs will be sent when you firm ypur place - so hopefully we should get them soon! I'll hopefully be doing vet med and I think I'm going to go for college grove too, try save myself a bit of money :b

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukegrinham)
    Good choice either that or I'll do a PhD in something genetic. Considering the placement year that they mentioned? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I quite like genetics. Doing an EPQ in dog genetics and inbreeding :-) and the placement year sounds good. Quite a lot of students go in with the intention of doing one thing and find that they like something else! Haha

And I've not received any letter or anything yet! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I do four A Levels, so not much time for extra things, but that sounds a brilliant EPQ!
    I haven't had anything yet either, but I contacted them and they will be out "later in the spring", so hopefully soon! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazzzygirl)
    Yeah I quite like genetics. Doing an EPQ in dog genetics and inbreeding :-) and the placement year sounds good. Quite a lot of students go in with the intention of doing one thing and find that they like something else! Haha

And I've not received any letter or anything yet! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That sounds really good. Genetics is my insurance choice! :b are you doing an essay or presentation?

ReputationRep:
    Both. I've done a 5000 word essay and got a 15 minute presentation to do this morning- so nervous!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! X

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'll be fine, but to echo Luke, good luck

ReputationRep:
    Presentation went well- I think? To be honest my tutor looked horrified at the different diseases I'd talked about so I'm not sure if that was a good or a bad thing?! Aha :-)
    I've still not heard anything back at all from RVC x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If it had an impact, that's a good thing
    Me neither, but don't worry, we'll all get it together
    Well done on your EPQ again! x

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, just desperate to hear something from them now! What's your insurance choice? Mines biovet science at Harper Adams. Loved the course and the campus there- more equine and farm modules! Only reason I picked RVC was that you'd have a better chance of progressing onto graduate vet med (apparently?). I do really like RVC though. Just prefer the Harper course modules :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's Biochemistry and Biological Chemistry at Nottingham, but my offer there is higher than RVC. It's not really a course I wanted, they offered me a transfer from Vetmed. Not really related to what I wanted, but the only reason I liked Notts was the course, not a fan of the vet/nutrition campus haha x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.