Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Who else has received an offer? I've already got over the required 120 UCAS tariff points, so looks like I've secured a place.

It'd be nice to start getting to know people.

Bournville is lovely; the whole place smells like chocolate.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I'm so glad I found a thread for this, I couldn't find one anywhere!
    They offered me a place at my interview, and I accepted
    I can't wait to start it! The place looks awesome as well, and I'm so glad they decided to keep the course in Bournville instead of town (it means I can catch the bus that stops outside my house instead of walking ages and getting 2 buses )
    when was your interview? :3 do you live in Birmingham?
    My name's Emma btw

ReputationRep:
    There's a few BIAD threads around, but no active Foundation discussions, sadly quite surprising considering that they're taking on 300 people or so. You're the second person I found on TSR!

My interview was in the 28th of November.
    Lucky! It's either tram/train or bus/bus for me. I'm fairly local (West Bromwich), but travel will take quite a while.

Do you have any idea what sort of pathway you'll be taking in the second part of the course? What were you doing when you applied/ are you doing right now?

I'm Vik nice to meet you

ReputationRep:
    I received an offer as well! I have just sent the offer letter back yesterday! The only thing I need to keep an eye on now is accommodation! Do you know when can we apply for one? (:

ReputationRep:
    No idea, sorry! I'm fairly local, so I will be staying at home. Have you tried contacting BCU?
    Somebody else asked me the same question, so if you find out, do share

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikasi)
    There's a few BIAD threads around, but no active Foundation discussions, sadly quite surprising considering that they're taking on 300 people or so. You're the second person I found on TSR!

My interview was in the 28th of November.
    Lucky! It's either tram/train or bus/bus for me. I'm fairly local (West Bromwich), but travel will take quite a while.

Do you have any idea what sort of pathway you'll be taking in the second part of the course? What were you doing when you applied/ are you doing right now?

I'm Vik nice to meet you
    Nice to meet you
    Yeah I did notice a few threads but nothing recent, which I found a bit strange :/

really! My interview was in February (I can't remember which date) but I didn't apply until after Christmas
    Wow, isn't there anything like this in West Brom then? I live in Kings Heath, so near enough in the middle of Birmingham :3

I have no idea; we're gonna be able to do stuff there I've never had the chance to do, for example, jewelry making. At the moment I like drawing, but that could all change by the second part do you have any thoughts on what you want to do?

I'm at sixth form right now, doing a-levels (which I suck at, I guess I'm just lazy). You?

there's two boys I know at my sixth form, they got accepted too. They both paint and draw (their work is absolutely amazing :eek:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ineslovesjy)
    I received an offer as well! I have just sent the offer letter back yesterday! The only thing I need to keep an eye on now is accommodation! Do you know when can we apply for one? (:
    Hi
    I'm fairly certain they should have gone through it with you after your interview; they did with me, but I said I lived in Birmingham, so I didn't need any I'd phone them, and ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pumpkinja)
    Nice to meet you
    Yeah I did notice a few threads but nothing recent, which I found a bit strange :/

really! My interview was in February (I can't remember which date) but I didn't apply until after Christmas
    Wow, isn't there anything like this in West Brom then? I live in Kings Heath, so near enough in the middle of Birmingham :3

I have no idea; we're gonna be able to do stuff there I've never had the chance to do, for example, jewelry making. At the moment I like drawing, but that could all change by the second part do you have any thoughts on what you want to do?

I'm at sixth form right now, doing a-levels (which I suck at, I guess I'm just lazy). You?

there's two boys I know at my sixth form, they got accepted too. They both paint and draw (their work is absolutely amazing :eek:)

Nope, no direct buses! Or if you meant similar courses, I know of people from my Sixth Form that went off to do foundation at Dudley College and Walsall College, but I had a look around and personally thought that BIAD would be the better option.

I want to go into animation after the Foundation year, so I may stick with drawing and painting (which I very much enjoy right now), but that may change I've had a go at trying most of the things the course offers at some point in the past few years of doing art, to a varied extent. It should be fun!

Currently doing A-levels, too. Applied Art & Design, Maths, English lit, History and Russian. You?

I'm also quite interested in seeing some people's portfolios to see what kind of level everyone is at.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I'm fairly certain they should have gone through it with you after your interview; they did with me, but I said I lived in Birmingham, so I didn't need any I'd phone them, and ask
    Hi I think they said they will let me apply after enrolment... ill wait and see, i also sent them an email asking about it...

Btw, I'm Ines,I was soooooooo happy that I got accepted on that day and it was a fashion teacher interviewed me!

I recently looking up their BIAD website, they have a design expo coming up in June and Open day as well, is anyone interested?

ReputationRep:
    Hi I think they said they will let me apply after enrolment... ill wait and see, i also sent them an email asking about it...

Btw, I'm Ines,I was soooooooo happy that I got accepted on that day and it was a fashion teacher interviewed me!

I recently looking up their BIAD website, they have a design expo coming up in June and Open day as well, is anyone interested?

I think I was interviewed by the fashion teacher too... Skinny female? (Very vague description...but it has been six months!)

Ooh, I'm interested. Got a link? What day is it exactly?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, no direct buses! Or if you meant similar courses, I know of people from my Sixth Form that went off to do foundation at Dudley College and Walsall College, but I had a look around and personally thought that BIAD would be the better option.

I want to go into animation after the Foundation year, so I may stick with drawing and painting (which I very much enjoy right now), but that may change I've had a go at trying most of the things the course offers at some point in the past few years of doing art, to a varied extent. It should be fun!

Currently doing A-levels, too. Applied Art & Design, Maths, English lit, History and Russian. You?

I'm also quite interested in seeing some people's portfolios to see what kind of level everyone is at.
    I'm really excited to try out everything! Animation sounds super interesting I'm thinking of doing Fine Art at university, but again, that could change after this year

I'm doing Art, English Lit & History A Levels; I already have my Eng Lit Lang AS level wow, Russian sounds good, is it hard?

Most of my work had to be kept at my sixth form for marking, so I had to take photos of everything and my interviewer said something about the lack of actual work in my portfolio or something... oops.

ReputationRep:

when's enrollment? Will they send us all emails or something?
    My friend was interviewed by the fashion teacher, he thought she was really intimidating because she asked him about philosophy stuff and what books he reads, things like that.

Ooooh yeah, I'll check it out now

ReputationRep:
    I'm really excited to try out everything! Animation sounds super interesting I'm thinking of doing Fine Art at university, but again, that could change after this year

I'm doing Art, English Lit & History A Levels; I already have my Eng Lit Lang AS level wow, Russian sounds good, is it hard?

Most of my work had to be kept at my sixth form for marking, so I had to take photos of everything and my interviewer said something about the lack of actual work in my portfolio or something... oops.
    Haha, wouldn't know from an outside perspective! It's my first language, so I just sit the exams without lessons. I've noticed that a lot of people who are going into art tend to have History or English Lit as A-levels.

My work was meant to stay in school... but most of what I borrowed to put into my portfolio still sits at home. Not intending to bring it back unless they make me! (Y12 work, that is. Intending to pinch some Y13 stuff, too. It's all recorded with photographs in my coursework sketchbooks, anyway).

Half of my work was photos, and the 3D work was embarassingly bad (I didn't have a decent example of clay sculpture on hand apart from a pot I made at the end of Y11, that SOMEONE ELSE applied oxide to!).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWCztULad0M < the portfolio I took to my interview

Regarding enrolment, as far as I know, after you've submitted your offer acceptance letter, all you have to do is e-mail/send them a copy of your results slip in August and they'll contact you further.

ReputationRep:
    when's enrollment? Will they send us all emails or something?
    My friend was interviewed by the fashion teacher, he thought she was really intimidating because she asked him about philosophy stuff and what books he reads, things like that.

Ooooh yeah, I'll check it out now
    Actually I don't really have an idea when is enrolment:/ my tutor old me not to panic lol this is probably their busiest time to sort things out and BCU may want to wait and receive all the acceptances and send things out. Oh well.. I just got to wait then(:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I got accepted on the course back in January, and I just applied for accommodation today, Opal 1 is my first choice, just because it's closest I live in Shrewsbury so I'm very far away! Does anyone else know where they're going to apply for accommodation?
    Also, does anyone know how many people are going to be on the Foundation course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tash94)
    Hey! I got accepted on the course back in January, and I just applied for accommodation today, Opal 1 is my first choice, just because it's closest I live in Shrewsbury so I'm very far away! Does anyone else know where they're going to apply for accommodation?
    Also, does anyone know how many people are going to be on the Foundation course?
    Hello! If I remember right, it's 200, but I could be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tash94)
    awwww lucky you!!! I have been trying to apply for Opal 1, but the university still have not updated my course offer on their system which means i still cannot apply for an accommodation... i hope there is still room for me in opal 1.... :afraid:

Were you the first lot of interviewees? i think thats probably the reason, you get all those details earlier! I couldnt attend the interview in easter so I went after easter

ReputationRep:
    I think I was interviewed by the fashion teacher too... Skinny female? (Very vague description...but it has been six months!)

check this out - http://birmingham-made-me.org/
    its wellll cool haha
    they have two categories of activities - DO activities & THINK activities.
    DO ones are more likely for people like us, art and design thing
    THINK ones are like business of design
    btw i may not be going now... :/

ReputationRep:

mmm.. not really... i cant remember exactly now.. shes a little chubby and mid age.. she was very talkative on the interview day... she just asked me a few questions and the for the whole 5mins - 10mins or so was her lecture haha

ReputationRep:
    Hello! If I remember right, it's 200, but I could be wrong.
    the teacher mentioned it to me as well.. i think it was 200ish or 300ish

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.