The Student Room Group

F211 revision thread.

Scroll to see replies

Done quite a lot of revision today, mainly just focused on both biology units. Already have written notes but I have started to type the notes up to aid my written notes, it really helps. Will do two past papers tomorrow (did an F211 one last week and got 57/60). :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by geor
Do we need to know about the circulatory system of insects? It's in the book but...

I think I remember seeing a question asking about the difference between an open and closed circulatory system and the merits of those etc... but nothing on specific insects :smile:
who gives a dime about the circulatory system of a ****ing grasshopper
Original post by upthegunners
who gives a dime about the circulatory system of a ****ing grasshopper

Haha, I couldn't agree more. It really is simple though, it's an open circulatory system and the heart is segmented (in simple terms). :colondollar:

I'm going by a different technique of revision now, I aiming to set myself targets, like get 2 chapters done and understood for say F212. It does take longer but it works.

How's your revision going?
Original post by LaughingGas
Haha, I couldn't agree more. It really is simple though, it's an open circulatory system and the heart is segmented (in simple terms). :colondollar:

I'm going by a different technique of revision now, I aiming to set myself targets, like get 2 chapters done and understood for say F212. It does take longer but it works.

How's your revision going?

haha :biggrin:

ohh nice, i revised most of the year for biology so I understand most things..

I just need to nail the exam technique, so the only thing I am doing is pastpaper question and if I happen to not understand something I'll read over it in my revision guide!
Just thought I'd post some predictions.

Cardiac cycle, Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide curves-fetal + adult haemoglobin, bohr shift, meiosis and spirometer.

Any guesses on the plant stuff??
Reply 26
Original post by Shadow_Amber
Just thought I'd post some predictions.

Cardiac cycle, Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide curves-fetal + adult haemoglobin, bohr shift, meiosis and spirometer.

Any guesses on the plant stuff??

Translocation as transpiration and xylem came up in january. I doubt the cardiac cycle will come up in june but don't try and predict, just revise everything :P
My predictions

9 Mark question on mitosis (got a feeling that this is going to be on)

a question on the function of a specific organelle

Magnification question

Spirometer 6 mark question

Question asking to label the xylem and phloem on a leaf
So what scores are you guys hitting in F211 past papers?
So what scores are you guys hitting in F211 past papers?

80-85% Mostly

you?
80-85% Mostly

you?

Nice scores! Especially as its your first time taking this exam.

my score ranges from 83% (lowest so far) to 95%
(edited 10 years ago)
My predictions are:

The need for exchange surfaces
Spirometer
Vessels (Lymphatic system, arteries etc.)
Haemoglobin
Plant transport (aphids and mass flow)

I'm still revising everything though, can't risk it :P
Original post by geor
I think this is a good guess! Especially the spirometer.

hehe, how's your revision coming along? :smile:
hehe, how's your revision coming along? :smile:

are you doing old spec questions too?:smile:
are you doing old spec questions too?:smile:

No, I just stick to the current spec questions. That way I can see what examiners want for this spec.
:smile:

You?
(edited 10 years ago)
No, I just stick to the current spec questions. That way I can see what examiners want for this spec.
:smile:

You?

I see :smile: I am currently doing old spec and will be moving onto new spec very soon. ( i have already done new spec once and some papers twice) I just need to synchronize myself fully with the examiners. For f212 I have not done a lot :s
I see :smile: I am currently doing old spec and will be moving onto new spec very soon. ( i have already done new spec once and some papers twice) I just need to synchronize myself fully with the examiners. For f212 I have not done a lot :s

I have to do a bit for F212, haven't started papers yet, will hopefully get 1 or 2 done this weekend. :smile:

I have been doing notes (I now have two sets of notes). I have not used the textbook, I feel it includes too much, there's a few mistakes too :frown:

For me past papers and the CGP book does it!
I have to do a bit for F212, haven't started papers yet, will hopefully get 1 or 2 done this weekend. :smile:

I have been doing notes (I now have two sets of notes). I have not used the textbook, I feel it includes too much, there's a few mistakes too :frown:

For me past papers and the CGP book does it!

I have done all the past papers for it once :smile:

I don't take notes- it doesn't work for me. I just cannot remember them :lol:

I just answer questions then read the revision book now :smile: Works for me :smile:

I am really motivated now as I got my chemistry mock back and got an A today and I have barely done anything for it yet :biggrin: yikes! It was an actual past paper I had not even done before too :smile:

good luck :P
I have done all the past papers for it once :smile:

I don't take notes- it doesn't work for me. I just cannot remember them :lol:

I just answer questions then read the revision book now :smile: Works for me :smile:

I am really motivated now as I got my chemistry mock back and got an A today and I have barely done anything for it yet :biggrin: yikes! It was an actual past paper I had not even done before too :smile:

good luck :P

Nice!!! Well done buddy!

Yeah, I do the exact same, though I just wanted to do something active and type notes on the PC as well as written ones. After this I just read and do past papers, the CGP book is awesome! :biggrin:
Nice!!! Well done buddy!

Yeah, I do the exact same, though I just wanted to do something active and type notes on the PC as well as written ones. After this I just read and do past papers, the CGP book is awesome! :biggrin:

currently doing an F212 paper now :biggrin: Did 2 mechanics and a physics paper in the morning :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending