Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, looking to do Sports Journalism at University. I would like to do five Highers next year but I was looking on loads of websites and they said that Media Studies was recommended. I checked and my school offers it. I would probably need to start at Int 2 because I doubt I can just walk into Higher. It is only offered at 5th year so no one else in my year has done it. Does anyone know what the course is based on or what is in it? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    My older sister studied media studies in her sixth year, gaining an A pass. This was a crash higher and she tells me that the course comprises of: 1 unit on a fictional film, 1 unit on a documentary and a unit on production.

She tells me it's simple to pick up after you have been doing it for a little while and you should have no problem going straight to higher if you are intelligent enough to do five highers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StupidMaths)
    Hi!
    My older sister studied media studies in her sixth year, gaining an A pass. This was a crash higher and she tells me that the course comprises of: 1 unit on a fictional film, 1 unit on a documentary and a unit on production.

She tells me it's simple to pick up after you have been doing it for a little while and you should have no problem going straight to higher if you are intelligent enough to do five highers.
    Thanks a lot! Really cleared everything up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichGaughan97)
    Thanks a lot! Really cleared everything up
    If you need any help just mail me and I can get my sister to help you.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.