Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am on rigevidon but am unsure when I am protected? Am I protected after the 7 day break when I start taking the next months tablets or do I have to wait another week until I can have unprotected sex?

ReputationRep:
    If you started taking it on the first day of your period, you are protected from the first day of taking it. If you took the first pill on any other day of your cycle, you are protected 7 days from that point, so by the time you have taken your 8th pill you will be protected.

ReputationRep:
    So at what times am I not protected?

Ive finished the first pack and had my 7 day break with my period and then I started taking the pill again, am I protected from that very first day of taking my second pack?

ReputationRep:
    So long as you take the pill properly you are protected at all times. The pill is effective immediately if you take the very first pill on your period and after 7 days if you take the very first pill at another time of your cycle. If you miss a pill you're not protected for 7 days and need to use condoms, unless of course its your break which you are protected on.

If you take the pill as instructed, you are protected.

ReputationRep:
    So after my week break I took my first pill on Sunday, am I protected from that first day?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the first day after the break you are protected

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you asking if you are protected immediately even after your 7 day break, each month?

If so, then yes, so long as you take your pill at roughly the same time each day.
    When you first start the pill, it's best to use protection for the first week just to be safe, but from then on you are protected and you don't need to wait 7 days each month you start a new pack.

ReputationRep:
    You are protected during your break as well

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.