Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello All,

I come here seeking advice and tips regarding my first ever teaching interview for an NQT position in September.

I will be teaching a 30 minute lesson on a curriculum area of my choice. I really want some guidance on how to format my lesson, what topics to cover, etc.

I want to do it on Literacy, any have any ideas of good areas to do? It's a Year 5 class btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamthegreatest1)
    Hello All,

I come here seeking advice and tips regarding my first ever teaching interview for an NQT position in September.

I will be teaching a 30 minute lesson on a curriculum area of my choice. I really want some guidance on how to format my lesson, what topics to cover, etc.

I want to do it on Literacy, any have any ideas of good areas to do? It's a Year 5 class btw.
    I'm a secondary NQT so can't help with specifics but can probably give you a few general pointers. Go onto the jobseekers section on the TES forums for a wealth of information though.

You probably already know this, but within those 30 minutes, they will be looking at a) your general presence and ability in the classroom, if you have a good rapport with the students, and b) clearly demonstrated progress. That will involve a starter to help you gauge where the students are at, presentation of something new, an activity (differentiated if you can) to practise it, and your plenary is your chance to show the observer exactly what progress has been made by each child. If that means them all writing a level or a statement on a mini whiteboard or a piece of paper, then do that.

Good luck and read the TES forum!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.