Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GUYS how unattractive are stretch marks? Watch

I gained a bit of weight a bit back and now I have stretch marks on my bum! I have light brown skin so they're not pink and don't stand out that much sort of like this http://www.cosmeticsurgerytoday.co.u...apy_before.jpg but obviously I'm a different colour. Just wanted to know how off putting they where or whether you'd notice them at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I gained a bit of weight a bit back and now I have stretch marks on my bum! I have light brown skin so they're not pink and don't stand out that much sort of like this http://www.cosmeticsurgerytoday.co.u...apy_before.jpg but obviously I'm a different colour. Just wanted to know how off putting they where or whether you'd notice them at all?
    If it doesn't cause attraction then its un-attractive nah?

ReputationRep:
    Don't even think about it.

How could you even contemplate changing yourself for some guy's approval?

If he is that put off by a couple of marks on your bum, he really isn't a keeper.

It's you. Embrace it

(Original post by urasillybeggar)
    Don't even think about it.

How could you even contemplate changing yourself for some guy's approval?

If he is that put off by a couple of marks on your bum, he really isn't a keeper.

It's you. Embrace it
    Oh no! I'm not considering cosmetic surgery I didn't realise the picture was from a cosmetic surgery website haha, I'll never do that! I'm generally quite happy with myself it's just they annoy me ( I remind myself of a tiger) and my boyfriend hasn't seen them yet and I was just worried about it, like how off putting they'd be or whether he'll even notice them thought I'd get some other guys opinions. That's really sweet by the way

ReputationRep:
    Stretch marks really don't bother me. They can make a woman look more womanly. They only time they are not so great is when they are on someone who is old and has been fat their whole life long.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no! I'm not considering cosmetic surgery I didn't realise the picture was from a cosmetic surgery website haha, I'll never do that! I'm generally quite happy with myself it's just they annoy me ( I remind myself of a tiger) and my boyfriend hasn't seen them yet and I was just worried about it, like how off putting they'd be or whether he'll even notice them thought I'd get some other guys opinions. That's really sweet by the way

Haha bless you!

Not a problem.. i'm pretty sure, if he's a decent guy, (which im sure he is ) That he will not even notice them, let alone bring it up, it's likely you're a bit self conscious, but open up to him about your insecurities and it will help.
    Show him that you trust him, i bet he'll do the same!

(Original post by Humbert Humbert)
    Stretch marks really don't bother me. They can make a woman look more womanly. They only time they are not so great is when they are on someone who is old and has been fat their whole life long.
    Haha I'm not old or fat I never was fat, I don't even remember when I got them they just seem to have popped up overnight!

(Original post by nivek11)
    Trust me, if a boy doesn't want to go out with you because you have a couple stretch marks, he's not worth your time.
    If i liked a girl because of her personality and she was attractive, then i started seeing her i wouldn't break up with her because of a couple stretch marks.
    You shouldn't fret anyway because most woman get them from pregnancy.
    (Original post by urasillybeggar)
    Haha bless you!

Not a problem.. i'm pretty sure, if he's a decent guy, (which im sure he is ) That he will not even notice them, let alone bring it up, it's likely you're a bit self conscious, but open up to him about your insecurities and it will help.
    Show him that you trust him, i bet he'll do the same!
    Aww thanks guys! It's made me feel a bit better about them knowing that any decent guys won't care about them you lot are really nice btw.

ReputationRep:
    tbh i find them sexy so even if some guys dont like them your bound to find a guy who does

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Humbert Humbert)
    I think that's why i like them aswell

ReputationRep:
    I don't find them unattractive, if yours are like the ones in the pic you posted then you have nothing to worry about, you can barely see it.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about stretch marks! I've had them since I was born (yes, genetics at first). They're all on the lower side of my tummy and they look like they're worsening
    I showed them to my boyfriend and asked him if he found them unattractive, but he was alright with it. On behalf of him, I remember that he said, "I'm not going to look at your stretch marks if I can look at you"
    But if you're still uncomfortable, maybe you could ask a doctor about it.

I think most woman have strech marks if a guy is that petty then really he is not worth it

ReputationRep:
    Most people have or will have stretch marks at some time in their life. I quite like the sort like in that picture you post. It's womanly.

ReputationRep:
    If I didn't have stretch marks I wouldn't have a bum so it's all swings and roundabouts! Just embrace them and your boyfriend probably won't even notice

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a boy, but I admit that having seen that picture, I don't think I would be put off in the slightest - also, might serve to make you more unique and interesting.

If someone makes you feel bad about it, they aren't really worth your time sadly, and you will have to show them that stretchmarks aren't the be-all and end-all. ;-)

ReputationRep:
    I love it when a guy leaves stretch marks! I find its the only way to enjoy myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toukolou)
    I love it when a guy leaves stretch marks! I find its the only way to enjoy myself.
    She's talking about from weight...

(Original post by toukolou)
    I have no idea how a guy can leave stretch marks on you. Mine are from when I lost and then gained weight quite rapidly.

ReputationRep:
    Depends how big you are

ReputationRep:
    Considering I have them myself from my younger days...it'd be hypocrtical for me to object to them Saying that, not at all, never really thought about them

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.