Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, finally sorted myself out with a website.

Was a bit of a faff getting the domain name sorted, as Wix claimed you could add your own domain name for free, so once I sorted out the site I bought a domain name for myself only to find out it's only free if you buy the domain name through them. Managed to set up redirecting through the domain name provider though so it's all sorted now. In terms of free websites I can definitely recommend Wix - free and pretty easy to set it all up. It's fast too, compared to other free website company's I've tried - assuming I use 1000px wide images.

Anyway, go check it out and see what you think - some feedback would be great:

www.sundustphotos.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    I really like you're portraits, they really capture the character of the people really well.

One thing I would suggest is to concentrate on your black and white photography a bit more. You have the potential to be really good but the photos are looking a little flat at the minute; really concentrate on your composition and the textures and patterns in the photo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel0)
    I really like you're portraits, they really capture the character of the people really well.

One thing I would suggest is to concentrate on your black and white photography a bit more. You have the potential to be really good but the photos are looking a little flat at the minute; really concentrate on your composition and the textures and patterns in the photo.
    Thanks. I despise black and white photos with a passion unfortunately. I spent too long slaving away over tanks in dark rooms and prints under red lights only to find that only a very small percentage of photography works in black and white. I genuinely far prefer colour and choose to work in it if at all possible. Uni's opening back up this week so I can get in the colour dark room and get developing the medium format colour negs I've been working on in the last week or so so those should be up soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuffles)
    Thanks. I despise black and white photos with a passion unfortunately. I spent too long slaving away over tanks in dark rooms and prints under red lights only to find that only a very small percentage of photography works in black and white. I genuinely far prefer colour and choose to work in it if at all possible. Uni's opening back up this week so I can get in the colour dark room and get developing the medium format colour negs I've been working on in the last week or so so those should be up soon.
    Ahh I love developing and printing black and white photos, there's so much to think about. It definitely is more of a challenge but I really enjoy it

It'd be great if you scanned and posted your new photos, I'd love to see them

(Also, huge fan of medium format myself so now we can be best friends :P )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel0)
    Ahh I love developing and printing black and white photos, there's so much to think about. It definitely is more of a challenge but I really enjoy it

It'd be great if you scanned and posted your new photos, I'd love to see them

(Also, huge fan of medium format myself so now we can be best friends :P )
    I just got bored of it. I did it for four years of black and white work by the time I finished my first year at uni, by which point colour film started seeming so much more appealing. A well shot and printed colour image has ten times the impact that a b+w does - I feel b+w only really works for up to 10x8/16x10 sizes images, any larger and colour definitely rules for me. I should be able to get into uni sometime this week to get my new stuff developed, but it'll take me a while to scan it all as there's 6 rolls of 6x7 MF, and scanning them at a decent resolution takes forever.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.