Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have offers from both Leeds and Manchester for medicine. My top choice is Leeds, so I am going to firm that.

I do not know what to put down as my insurance choice? Manchester would be my second choice, but it has the same requirements as Leeds so is there any point putting it down?

My thinking is that if I put Manchester as my insurance, if someone goes wrong with Leeds then I still have my foot in the door for Manchester. But I'm just not sure if that's really a thing.

My other option would be to put Biomedical Science - Sussex as my insurance. But I don't want to go there, so again is seems pointless.

Hope you can help,
    Florence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by florencee)
    I have offers from both Leeds and Manchester for medicine. My top choice is Leeds, so I am going to firm that.

I do not know what to put down as my insurance choice? Manchester would be my second choice, but it has the same requirements as Leeds so is there any point putting it down?

My thinking is that if I put Manchester as my insurance, if someone goes wrong with Leeds then I still have my foot in the door for Manchester. But I'm just not sure if that's really a thing.

My other option would be to put Biomedical Science - Sussex as my insurance. But I don't want to go there, so again is seems pointless.

Hope you can help,
    Florence
    If you put Manchester as an insurance if you dont get AAA, there is a (very) slim chance they will give you an offer.

ReputationRep:
    well theres no point in having manchester as an insurance as theyd most likely reject you if you dont get the grades for leeds. I'd put sussex as insurance, so at least if anything goes wrong you have a place at uni. If you dont get the grades and you really dont want to go sussex then you could go through clearing.

ReputationRep:
    If you really don't want to go to Sussex, then there is no point in having as an insurance. Manchester would be a better choice. However, if something goes wrong for them both then, you might have to take a gap year.

ReputationRep:
    If you definitely don't want to do Biomedical at Sussex then put Manchester as your insurance. However bear in mind that option has a higher risk of you ending up in Clearing and potentially not getting a place anywhere for this year at least. It completely depends on if you want to take that risk, as if you'd rather go to Sussex for Biomedical than nowhere then you'd be better off insuring there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.