The Student Room Group

Am I just being used?

I kissed my friend on my birthday & have seen him twice after that to spend the day/night together, although we never spoke between these times both months apart, it's messing with my head & I want to know how can I say something about it without it being awkward and ruining our friendship?
Original post by ilovedrake
I kissed my friend on my birthday & have seen him twice after that to spend the day/night together, although we never spoke between these times both months apart, it's messing with my head & I want to know how can I say something about it without it being awkward and ruining our friendship?

What about this would ruin your friendship?
If nothing else has been said about it then just leave it
The way you say it's awkward and messing with your head tells me that you think more of him than just a friend
Am I right?
In which case I'm not so sure... if he's not said anything more or nothing else has happened since maybe it was a lapse of judgement and he just wants to remain friends
But I would say unless it's really eating you up then don't say anything - let sleeping dogs lie
If you actually have a friendship, it shouldn't be awkward to bring this up. You can discuss stuff with friends if you feel you need to. Communication's just as important in friendships as it is in relationships. If you're not really friends he's not gonna feel obliged to talk about something of that nature because it's not of much importance to him.

If you're at different unis and that's why you don't see each other for months, maybe he just doesn't think it's worth it to keep a friendship or relationship going long distance, but he likes hanging out when you're both in town. You can really only know by talking about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending