Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Silly question? Don't know who to talk to. watch

Announcements

Okay before anyone tells me how moronic I am, I'm fully aware.

Basically, me and my boyfriend have been together over 2 years, and we're heading towards the end of year 11 and we go off to college soon.

I have M.E so I haven't been to school for 6 years, meaning I'm gaining hardly any GCSES, and the ones I am gaining, I'm not doing particularly well in, apart from English.
    I want to be an English teacher, and the college I initially wanted to go to, wants 5 GCSES at grade B or above to study Literature and Language, which is impossible for me.
    My boyfriend still intends to go to this college, and it's really getting me down for some reason.
    we've never been to the same school as each other because of all the time I've had out of education, and we've always said how things would be different in college because we'd be together, even if we wouldn't have the same classes, we'd still have a connection being at the same college.

so my question is, should I go to a college where all my friends and boyfriend are going to and do a lower course, or go to a college where I know nobody and be on my own and have a greater chance of doing the course I want? (lower grade boundaries.)

What do you think? I'm sure somebody has had this dilemma? I just think we'll grow apart if we go to separate colleges, people are always saying how they drifted from their partner after they went to separate colleges?:')

thank you for listening to my rant omg, feels good to get it out.

ReputationRep:
    Long distance relationships can work out if you two don't mind it.
    Take the option that is best for your future, because you might need it to support both of you later on.

ReputationRep:
    Option b)
    Usually partners drift away in uni (not all) But colleges? I haven't really known of that. Also why in brackets does the course I want? have in brackets lower grade boundaries? whats the point in doing a course you may not enjoy, just because it has lower grade boundaries (and I'm pretty sure in terms of alevel grade boundaries they're fairly identical, 60ums=c, 70ums=b 80ums+=A (at as level))

(Original post by ashleighgiles)
    Long distance relationships can work out if you two don't mind it.
    Take the option that is best for your future, because you might need it to support both of you later on.
    thank you for your reply:') made me think a lot..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.