Did my GCSE English lit and ICT paper 1 higher today Watch

Chris_UK333
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hi guys i did both English lit higher and ICT higher today and i'm realy worried that i did badly. In English, i chose Lennie and Curleys wife as 2 weak characters for question 1, and for question 2 i compared 4 poems on death. Now i think the first question went well, but on the 2nd i ran out of time i didn't mention a lot of info because of the time....Now i am realy worried because i need a C grade. What % do you need for a C on English lit higher paper?

Also, if i got 40% in my ICT coursework overall, what % do i need on the test for the C grade?

Thanks guys, i am now scared because i need these Cs.
Super17
Report 12 years ago
Heh heh, it looks like we did the exact things for English. I ran out of time for both, but with English you can never really predict what's going to happen. When I did the mock I thought I did badly, but I ended up with a B. I don't think its possible to write everything about the poems, unless you're a really fast writer (and quick thinker for that matter.) I compared 'Education for Leisure', 'My Last Duchess', 'Hitcher' and 'The man he killed'. I mainly spoke about the characters and theme (mood and tone as well) because I couldn't think of much to say about the way it was written. As far as I remember, there weren't any metephors or anything like them in this one. What exactly did you compare with these poems? You've most likely done better than you think.
Chris_UK333
I pretty much went through the poems and comparing..e.g. i said that education for leisure and The Labatory are both deaths from phycopaths who want to kill somebody, whereas november is about dieing at an old age, and looking at old people seeing that you will be like that one day (I also mentioned that the title is significant because November is near the end of the year, so near the end of your life) I commented that education for lesiure is a phycopath who thinks killing is right, and we dont know if he is a man or a women. I commented on how education for leisure uses "I" a lot as if he is attention seeking...Urm, for the man he shot i said how its about a man looking back at the war.......ok thats enough. ..Im so worried.
Chris_UK333
Oh and im worried because i didnt have time to mention enjembement and that it was a monolgue arrg i hate exams
coldfusion
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hmmm this sounds bad...for me
Chris_UK333
What does?
Eternity Forever
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I did my Literature and ICT today. The Literature was alright, but like everyone, I could have written moreif I had time and actually didnt fill up all of the pages with writing. Ict seemed a bit difficult at the beginning, but his is because I took my chances of not revising coz, I was too busy concentrated on Literature. It got easier towards the end and the good thing is that I had time to go back and answer missed out questions and also spot my mistakes. Overall both exams were alright. There is really no point reflecting on what I should have done because its all over now. I just have to wait.
Chris_UK333
Hey on the ICT paper what did you put for the 2 sensors you had to name?
Eternity Forever
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Chris_UK333)
Hey on the ICT paper what did you put for the 2 sensors you had to name?
I didnot have anything on sensors, my exam board was EDEXCEL.
Chris_UK333
Ahh ok, mine was AQA. Was a very hard test, and our I.C.T teacher never taught us since we always did coursework!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (139)
38.29%
No - but I will (20)
5.51%
No - I don't want to (26)
7.16%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (178)
49.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed