Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I would like to study Counselling with the OU, but i have couple of questions hopefully someone can answer them

The reason why I'm really confused is that im not really familiar with uni stuff, I've only been to college and studied beauty therapy for a year then left as it wasn't for me, and now I'm nearly 27 years old and want to study again and finally I know what I want lol bit late i know.

I don't really know where to start with the conselling course, do I start with introduction level? Level 2 and 3 are not with the OU it takes me to cpcab website. Is it the same thing? I work part time and have a baby i wouldn't have time to attend classes etc cpcab website is saying i would have to go to my nearest centre but i don't know how often, i thought this is was all about studying at home lol??

I want to finish the course with a degree can someone tell me in what order and what course i would have to this.
    Also I cant afford to pay my tuition fees will I be able to get Student Finance to pay for my fees? If so will student finance pay for introduction levels? or does it have to be degree higher diploma etc?

Sorry guys i know i've asked too many but I'm really confused and need help lol

ReputationRep:
    Don't know about the counselling but you can see if you're ok for SF here...

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/loans-and-grants

Emma.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think you're going to have to talk it through with an OU adviser. The OU has a foundation degree in counselling but I think it has restricted entry. And there's all sorts of hoops to jump through as you progress in your training. I've only ever seen one counsellor in training post on here and that was ages ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Emma and nitebot for ur reply, I think you're right I better talk to ou about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.