Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have been thinking of this question and I personally don't. I think I'd be perfectly content giving my life for a cause, my country (if I really, really had too) and my friends and family as i believe that death is liberating and strangely peaceful. I am not scared of dying (however, ask me when I'm on my deathbed and I may give a different answer :P). The only thing about death that I don't like if the grief that is left behind.

What are your views on death and do you fear it

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't fear the concept of death, but perhaps the act of dying. Just because it's likely to be very painful and emotional.

Maybe I don't value my own life much, but I'd give my life up for my brother without any form of hesitation. His life means more to me than my own.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I fear it because of potential pain and grief, and the worry of the uncertainty. But I don't worry about it - nothing I can do either way.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not at all scared of death and what comes after. At the moment, I would welcome it. I've considered other possibilities before, such as reincarnation as another human and living another life, but not being able to remember your past one - perhaps deceased relatives being reincarnated as the children you or another person in your family bear, those kind of complexes have sprung to mind. However, I now believe that once you have died, you have died. There is no more brain activity and you simply cease to exist. I personally don't see anything frightening in that

That being said, as one person has suggested, dying itself is rather terrifying. The process in which you die may be painful and that's something to be feared - for me, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    No, I don't fear the concept of death, but perhaps the act of dying. Just because it's likely to be very painful and emotional.

Maybe I don't value my own life much, but I'd give my life up for my brother without any form of hesitation. His life means more to me than my own.
    My life is worthless in comparison to my loved ones tbh

ReputationRep:
    not at all, not that i want to die is just that the idea of death is fairly interesting, or rather the idea of what happens after death. However the process of death will be painful and agonising to say the least...

ReputationRep:
    no, because i know i will be going to a better place.

ReputationRep:
    I read the thread title in a Davy Jones voice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harrow.7)
    I have been thinking of this question and I personally don't. I think I'd be perfectly content giving my life for a cause, my country (if I really, really had too) and my friends and family as i believe that death is liberating and strangely peaceful. I am not scared of dying (however, ask me when I'm on my deathbed and I may give a different answer :P). The only thing about death that I don't like if the grief that is left behind.

I don't like the idea of death, because the alternative is so much more attractive.
    But it will happen to us all.

ReputationRep:
    I dont fear death itselfs, rather what happens to me after it. If Heaven Exists then I fear not being in it, also leaving everyone and everything I know in an instant is a bad thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harrow.7)

I would probably give my life for something really important like my son if I become a father or something. But not many things - and it would depend on the moment. Death itself I don't fear, just fear pain, suffering etc

ReputationRep:
    I fear death, not afraid how painful it is though

ReputationRep:
    No. I die, I die. That's it.

ReputationRep:
    i dont fear death but fear the dying process. I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep than from a climbing accident or being run over by a car!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I fear the process of dying & death itself.

ReputationRep:
    I don't fear death as such. I feel sad that when death comes thee are loved ones left behind who mourn, and feel a little disappointed that after my death the world will go on and lots of exciting things will be discovered and carried out, which I will personally never get to witness and know about....

ReputationRep:
    I think there's life after death, so when I do die I will live eternally in the afterlife.

ReputationRep:
    Death fears ME!

ReputationRep:
    I don't fear death itslef, I'd fear the pain that you feel before it, and the pain I'd leave behind.

ReputationRep:
    Again, like with quite a few posters here, I do not fear death itself, but moreso how it comes about. All I can hope for is a peaceful death, rather than one filled with agony and despair.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.