Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi TSR I'm doing this presentation and I've done all the stage of mitosis and meiosis, but I was wondering if there was anything else that I could possibly add to the presentation that would help me and others in the as level exam, yet is doesn't go into too much depth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You could always wrap it up with a quiz: either multiple choice or voting on "is this mitosis or meiosis?"

Past exam questions might be helpful to slot in, if you have a quick scan through past papers and just do a screen grab - could get people to figure out what the mark scheme would be then compare it to the actual mark scheme.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you yes I thought about doing something like that, maybe get out the trusty old whiteboards lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Show them the meiosis square dance!! http://youtu.be/JKXAdwCibsA
    and make mitosis doughnuts!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	donut-mitosis.jpg 
Views:	880 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	209392

Give them a taste of what it's like being a first year undergrad biomedical scientist!

ReputationRep:
    Must say wish I could sing and dance as well as them chromosomes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And thank you yes I will use it, highly amusing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you talk about them in context - ie where they occur in plants and animals, why independent assortment and chaisma are important in variation, non-disjunction and other problems that can occur...
    Good luck with your presentation!

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou and ye I used the chaisma part involving variation which was very useful x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 20, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.