English lit. Watch

FireDeuce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Oh its been so long awaited!
Discuss discuss discuss!

I found the Lord of the Flies quite easy, I did the one about the leaders. I wrote that Jack and Ralph were the leaders, two halves of a perfect person, and that basically golding wanted to show us that we needed charecteristics (to hell with spelling) of them both to save the world from nuclear way. I spoke about their good points and bad points, and how Piggy is Ralph's lieutenant and Roger is Jack's lieutenant.

Then..on the poetry. OH. DEAR.

I did the one where you compare 4 poems, 2 from each list...
But disaster struck!
I somehow got myself doing 3 from 1 list and 1 from another. so i realised 1/4 of the way through, scribbled out everything to do with 1 of the 3 poems and then tried to rectify the situation in TINY TINY writing so i got like a sentence for the new poem. then i carried on as normal.
Do you think its gunna make me fail?

I managed to get a tiny tiny quote and a small sentence for each of the points in the 1/4 that I'd been writing about havisham in by accident.

After that I wrote that death was portrayed as brutal, beautiful, cliched, not a big deal in education or hitcher but a bigger deal in the pre 1914, A means to an end (aka no more suffering, end to boredom) etc.
ARGGH
no1mohsin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I found it pretty reasonable a paper. I did Mockingbird for my set text and chose the one about the fathers (Question 12, i think?). For the poetry i did the first option for the Heany + Clarke bit and found it reasonable. Forgot about part (b) of it thought with 20 mins of my time left but hurried it, and it read ok having re-read it
Metrobeans
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Already a thread on this.
parafob
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
umm can anybody help on lord of the flies? i have loads of notes and stuff but is there any main quotes or points i would need to include so I can go into the exam and remember? i find it hard to break it all down and analyse into good sentences i talk on instead of gettin the main points accross about a charactor or theme
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (215)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
6.93%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.57%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (259)
47.26%

Watched Threads