Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So basically someone is bidding on one of my items on Ebay and she sent me this message:

Hello! i really really like the Jacket.. and i wanted to ask you.. if i were to bid.. would you be willing to wait until the 1st of may for payment? that's when i get paid.. :-s i'd really love to have it..:-s I know it's a very long time.. so i understand if it's not possible..
    sorry for all the questions.. :-s
    Please notify me as soon as possible..
    Have a nice day..
    PS My posting address is in the UK
    Her "item location" is Romania, but she claims that her address is in the UK (which I will find out from her paypal address if she wins I assume? What would I do if her Paypal address is in Romania?).

Should I wait for the 1st May? It would mean a 2 week delay. Just wondering, does the Ebayer sound legit to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_x)
    So basically someone is bidding on one of my items on Ebay and she sent me this message:

Her "item location" is Romania, but she claims that her address is in the UK (which I will find out from her paypal address if she wins I assume? What would I do if her Paypal address is in Romania?).

Should I wait for the 1st May? It would mean a 2 week delay. Just wondering, does the Ebayer sound legit to you?
    What does her feedback to date look like? If it's negligible, stay well away.

ReputationRep:
    Her feedback seems fine (30 at 100%).
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Is it something other people are likely to want? If you can easily sell it to someone else id class this as too much hassle tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Even if she wins the bidding, you dont have to send the jacket out to her until she pays.

ReputationRep:
    Don't want to put you off or anything but I'd avoid it. My mum has had problems with people who ask to ship to a different address than is what is on their account.

She ended up not being able to sell even though it was the customers fault - they asked for the package to be sent to one country, so my mum sent it there, and the customer complained it was sent to the wrong country so my mum got in trouble.

ReputationRep:
    I've waited for a month for a girl who wanted a dress of mine I listed on eBay. The dress was like £80 or something and she didn't get paid until the following month (so an equal situation to yours). I waited because I wasn't in desperate need of the money and when the day she paid in full and I sent the dress the next day. No problems. Just weigh up if you need the money now or not and make the decision based on that and the buyer's feedback score.

ReputationRep:
    Wait until they pay, then post it

USING THE TSR APP

ReputationRep:
    All I suggest is that don't send it until you receive payment.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for the replies won't send til she pays.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.