Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Long story short is I get more satisfaction from my vibrator than with sex from my current BF. Should I tell him the truth or not?

ReputationRep:
    ofcourse, just don't tell him a peice of plastic is better than him. more along the lines of what to do
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Kathyn)
    Long story short is I get more satisfaction from my vibrator than with sex from my current BF. Should I tell him the truth or not?
    Perhaps you could give him tips on what he can do to make you feel good?

ReputationRep:
    Attach the dildo on him with a strap? Problem solved.

ReputationRep:
    YES

ReputationRep:
    Depends: If he turns you on mentally, but just hasn't got the technique, don't tell him, and help guide him to better positions etc during sex.

If he doesn't turn you on, you may as well tell him.

ReputationRep:
    Don't compare him to an inanimate object and have him be the loser. You need to be honest with him so he knows that you're not enjoying sex as much as you could be, but without damaging his ego. Start off saying that you enjoy sex and that you appreciate the effort he puts in, and that he has some good techniques, but not everything is doing it for you, and you'd love to help him learn what feels best for you. I think that way you're not directly telling him he's bad in bed, but more, what he's doing isn't quite doing it for you. Everybody's different, so that's totally fair.

Next time you have sex, tell him exactly what you like. If he needs to use his hips more, tell him. If you need your legs to be at a certain angle, tell him how to position you. If you like things at a certain speed, tell him to speed up or slow down. If you're in a relationship, you're the only person he can learn from. You can't expect him to be good if he doesn't know what you like, so be very vocal. Encourage the good things he does, and if something doesn't feel so good, don't put up with it purely for the sake of saving his feelings. Tell him it doesn't feel as good as when he was doing 'x', so try doing slightly more of 'this', and slightly less of 'that'.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.