Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please keep this anon or delete, it's embarassing.

I want to order a sex toy off the internet but I'm living in halls just now and I'm really paranoid that somehow the package will rip and people will see what's in it, or I'll have to pick it up from reception and they'll know, or that one of my flatmates will collect the post that day and know what it is

So basically, has anyone had any problems ordering things like this when living in halls or am I just being silly?

ReputationRep:
    Just front up to it if that happens, it's not exactly plutonium you're buying. That said, if it's a full size realdoll then that's equally difficult to explain.

ReputationRep:
    Go to a sex shop and buy it instead to save yourself the embarrassment ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norton1)
    Just front up to it if that happens, it's not exactly plutonium you're buying. That said, if it's a full size realdoll then that's equally difficult to explain.
    :rofl: who the **** buys a full size doll?

ReputationRep:
    The packaging will be plain anyway so no will be able to tell what it is from the just looking at the package.

ReputationRep:
    I ordered a 14" vibrator and nobody was any the wiser.

nb. it was for a friend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MetropolisBoy)
    :rofl: who the **** buys a full size doll?
    Enough that they have a relatively professional looking website?

ReputationRep:
    It won't beat the time I got a creepy smile off of the guy monitoring the bag scanner at St Pancras when I had...stuff...in there

Honestly, don't worry. If the company is decent (PM me if you want and I can tell you a few companies who are) the packaging will be plain and nobody will be any the wiser.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norton1)
    Enough that they have a relatively professional looking website?
    Huh? What do you mean by that?

(Original post by yaboy)
    Go to a sex shop and buy it instead to save yourself the embarrassment ?
    I think I'd be even more mortified walking into a shop and having to speak to a shop assistant! I'm the type of easily embarassed person who blushes when I have sanitary towels in my shopping

(Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    It won't beat the time I got a creepy smile off of the guy monitoring the bag scanner at St Pancras when I had...stuff...in there

Honestly, don't worry. If the company is decent (PM me if you want and I can tell you a few companies who are) the packaging will be plain and nobody will be any the wiser.
    Haha that's awkward! Thanks for the offer but I know what site I'm going to order from, they say they're discreet but I'm still paranoid the jiffy bag will rip or someone will open it or something

ReputationRep:
    People buy **** like that as a joke all the time, my mates house has a massive black one stuck to the fridge as a coat hook, no joke.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.