Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am 5 weeks late on my period I have never been late before, I am sexually active, but me my boyfriend always use condoms the pregnancy test were just precaution incase something happened which we missed.

I was really stressed for a couple weeks before and after my due date, yet I have been stressed before and never late.

I am planning on going doctors soon Im so stressed though and am wondering have any girls had similar issues.

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i went through a similar thing. My period was 2 weeks late and i hadn't been late for a good year at this point. Three panicked pregnancy tests and reassuring words from my mum later, the period finally arrived. Think I was stressing a lot about it.

Also, I was on the mini pill at the time. It can mess with your cycle quite significantly. As can the contraceptive implant (dont know if you are on either of these) I now take a pregnancy test every month, cos i'm such a worrier! Better safe than sorry.

Totally understand why you're worried, but if the test came back negative you're extremely unlikely to be pregnant if it continues to cause you stress, seeing a doctor would probably make you feel better.

Hope this is useful

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.