Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bocconi Mafinrisk vs Bocconi MSc in Finance Watch

• View Poll Results: Which is best at Bocconi?
    MafinRisk
    0%
    MSc in Finance
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I am a French student in business/finance willing to pursue a master's in finance next year, and I'd need help with choosing my program.
    Indeed I was hesitating between Bocconi's Masters in Quantitative Finance & Risk Management (Mafinrisk) and Bocconi's MSc in Finance.

Are any of you guys familiar with Bocconi's programs? I totally get the difference between the Mafinrisk and the MSc in Finance in terms of duration, cost... But I was wondering if there was any differences in terms of placement stats and intensity (are both programs as demanding?).
    I sent an email to both programs but only the mafinrisk replied, telling me to ask the MSc for their opinion.
    Which one would you recommend and why?

To me it's a big advantage to attend the mafinrisk as it is only one year and "only" 14.5k€ whereas the MSc in finance is 2 years and therefore 2*12k€... But graduating in 2 years gives you the opportunity of doing a summer internship (increasing the chances of landing a grad position when the program is done) and also studying at a slower pace.
    My goal would be to either go into IB or Asset Management, I am still trying to figure out which one fits me best.
    I'd like to stay in Europe (London, Geneva, Paris or even Monaco)

My back-up plan would be GGSB's MSc in Finance, which looks to be a step below Bocconi in terms of everything, but correct me if I'm wrong. I also got accepted into Cass MSc in Investment Management but it looks very expensive and they ask me to write my TOEFL again, which would be a pain.
    Thanks in advance for your opinions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T_LAURENT)
    Hi guys,
    I am a French student in business/finance willing to pursue a master's in finance next year, and I'd need help with choosing my program.
    Indeed I was hesitating between Bocconi's Masters in Quantitative Finance & Risk Management (Mafinrisk) and Bocconi's MSc in Finance.

Are any of you guys familiar with Bocconi's programs? I totally get the difference between the Mafinrisk and the MSc in Finance in terms of duration, cost... But I was wondering if there was any differences in terms of placement stats and intensity (are both programs as demanding?).
    I sent an email to both programs but only the mafinrisk replied, telling me to ask the MSc for their opinion.
    Which one would you recommend and why?

To me it's a big advantage to attend the mafinrisk as it is only one year and "only" 14.5k€ whereas the MSc in finance is 2 years and therefore 2*12k€... But graduating in 2 years gives you the opportunity of doing a summer internship (increasing the chances of landing a grad position when the program is done) and also studying at a slower pace.
    My goal would be to either go into IB or Asset Management, I am still trying to figure out which one fits me best.
    I'd like to stay in Europe (London, Geneva, Paris or even Monaco)

My back-up plan would be GGSB's MSc in Finance, which looks to be a step below Bocconi in terms of everything, but correct me if I'm wrong. I also got accepted into Cass MSc in Investment Management but it looks very expensive and they ask me to write my TOEFL again, which would be a pain.
    Thanks in advance for your opinions
    Hello T_Laurent. I'm new to this thread but I have the same questions you mentioned in your post regarding the differences between the 2 programs in terms of placement, intensity, and networking and recruiting opportunities. Please let me know if you were able to get any further information on these questions.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.