Edexcel Probability Watch

Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hi i am doing Statistics 1 tomorrow for the edexcel paper. I have a few questions i need help on to do with probability. What i cannot see is how you can work out P(a and b) from just p(a) and p(b). I do not understand how you can work out P(a and b). So any help on all the formulas needed for the edexcel probability chapter would be much appreciated, as i feel i am lost on this chapter!
Christophicus
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Brummyman)
Hi i am doing Statistics 1 tomorrow for the edexcel paper. I have a few questions i need help on to do with probability. What i cannot see is how you can work out P(a and b) from just p(a) and p(b). I do not understand how you can work out P(a and b). So any help on all the formulas needed for the edexcel probability chapter would be much appreciated, as i feel i am lost on this chapter!
P(A) = P(AnB') + P(AnB)
Does that help? You are normally given data which you can use to create a Venn diagram.
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Yea kind of helps, i just dont understand how to work out P(A and B) in questions, and i have tried to see how they do it in the mark scheme but they just give the answers so i cannot really work out how they did it, so any more help would be greatly appreciated!
Christophicus
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Brummyman)
Yea kind of helps, i just dont understand how to work out P(A and B) in questions, and i have tried to see how they do it in the mark scheme but they just give the answers so i cannot really work out how they did it, so any more help would be greatly appreciated!
If you post an example I'd be willing to help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (553)
37.85%
No - but I will (115)
7.87%
No - I don't want to (102)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed