Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I'm currently picking my a levels and I hope to study in jordanstown after. But I'm not sure what a levels to pick. So could any one tell me what a levels Jordanstown considers as good?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by racheyy1997)
    Hey guys I'm currently picking my a levels and I hope to study in jordanstown after. But I'm not sure what a levels to pick. So could any one tell me what a levels Jordanstown considers as good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi there,

UU doesn't really have any preference towards one subject or another. They generally take all subjects unless a particular course speculates it.

If you could handle it I'd do the three sciences and maths, it's the best option as pretty much all courses will be open to you. Including medicine if you do well enough!

However be aware that this is also the hardest combination and it requires a lot of work. It really pays off if you put the effort in now though!

At the end of the day do subjects that you enjoy, but try to think ahead. If you want something healthcare related do Biology, Chemistry and another subject. If you want to do something with computers then choose Maths, Physics and another. (ICT isn't required for computing at Unis.)

In any case I'd stay away from the blacklisted subjects or the "soft" subjects, here is a list of the subjects.

Do be aware that even though you think you want to do something specific at the moment your choice could change. I'd recommend doing the broadest selection of subjects (3 Sciences + Maths) so that you're safe if you want to change career in the future.

ReputationRep:
    I'd do them subjects but my school doesn't offer them would double award business studies, religious studies be any good?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.