Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's Your Prom dress? Is it weird to choose this one? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Name:  4bb550086d664c1c635f4f8de8abe47e.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  57.9 KB
    Girls, have you got your prom dresses? What do your dresses look like? Are they short or long? I happen to watch a video and love the dress above. She looks amazing in that dress. BUT it's short. So i am confused whether to get it as my prom dress.

Is it weird to wear a short dress to my prom? opinions...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gpaX...7Y_dkA&index=2

ReputationRep:
    The dress pictured is really nice, in my opinion. I would definitely go for it, if it's the one you like. Don't worry about what other people are wearing, just as long as you have your dress in mind and it'll be comfortable. I'm wearing a long maxi dress for my college prom. My high school prom was a bit more formal, so most girls wore long evening dresses. However, I get the impression that my college prom will be more informal, hence why more girls are opting to wear short Summer dresses. Like I said, just go for whatever you'll feel comfortable in. Have a wonderful time!

ReputationRep:
    I really like the dress, it's blue, my fave colour and I wore a blue dress to my prom!

Looked more like a clubbing dress though, it was tight...
    Anyways (going off topic), wear what you feel comfortable in and at the end of the day you'll be dancing and having fun, celebrating the last moments with your friends!

Good luck choosing! And have fun! (=

ReputationRep:
    I think it's such a pretty dress, and as long as you like yourself in it you'll look stunning! In the end, people won't remember you for wearing a short dress if no one else does, they'll remember you for looking amazing!
    Hope you have a lovely time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonna)
    Name:  4bb550086d664c1c635f4f8de8abe47e.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  57.9 KB
    Girls, have you got your prom dresses? What do your dresses look like? Are they short or long? I happen to watch a video and love the dress above. She looks amazing in that dress. BUT it's short. So i am confused whether to get it as my prom dress.

Is it weird to wear a short dress to my prom? opinions...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gpaX...7Y_dkA&index=2
    Not necessarily. The majority of people wore short dresses to our year 11 prom, but most are dressing up for the year 13 prom. Some are still wearing short dresses though. As long as you like the dress and feel good though, it really doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    That dress is absolutely beautiful despite it not being the type of dress girls usually go for (and i have to admit i wouldn't either). Try on different types of dresses and if you feel this was best, go for it! Ask what family and friends think of the dress when you're wearing it Have a great time xx

ReputationRep:
    Mine is a long dress with lace and it's gold and black. Tbh, it really is up to your personal taste. If you feel like you're comfortable in that dress and you think it looks pretty ( on yourself as well as just like that), then buy it and wear it and have a good time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For my year 11 prom I had a light pastel green one-shouldered grecian-looking dress, I was absolutely in love with it but it was totally different to everyone else's. Honestly, a lot of people are saying it, but your opinion is the one that should matter the most. I think short dresses can look really cute, especially when you have pretty shoes, and logistically, it's much easier to wear a short dress than be hitching a long one up or nice. Good luck with your prom, I'm sure you'll look lovely

ReputationRep:
    I also think out of a guy's opinion: its nice and of course you have to wear it, so it should only matter to you how it looks like!

ReputationRep:
    Hey ! It looks beautiful. So I need a dress too! For my banquet, and its stressing me out that I can't find any but im to picky. Bleh .
    so heres a url to the dresses i want here shopfromshop.com, But its not telling me where to get it. So heres thefirst

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I don't think it's weird to wear a short dress to prom. I actuallly wore a short light blue lace cocktail dress to my prom. It's funny all the girls at my high school wore long glamorous ball gowns to our formal two years earlier and most opted for shorter dresses for our prom ha ha. A bonus to wearing a shorter dress is that it's easier to dance in and you'll get more use out of it in the long term. However if you think you'll regret not going for a long gown, go for a long gown. Nothing worse than regret!

ReputationRep:
    Short dresses for prom are fine in my opinion. It's cute and as long as you feel comfortable that is all that matters. I think I'm going to have to wear a short dress because I'm short so long dresses make me look smaller.

Anyway just wear what you feel good in

ReputationRep:
    I think the shoulder strap is kinda redundant. The sweetheart style could just be fine.

ReputationRep:
    cute dress! i do think its suitable for a prom

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.