Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cooling a room with shiny stuff. watch

ReputationRep:
    Shiny stuff is always cool :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the sort of people that put tin foil round their windows are doing it to cool the room down...

ReputationRep:
    You could just buy a fan..

ReputationRep:
    Does using tin foil/shiny stuff around a room not make it hotter? As it reflects the radiated heat back in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham22)
    Yes, I read this...crap. I better get used to sweating like a pig then.
    Is that why your user name is Ham?

Spoiler:
    Show
    On a serious note, I used to live in a flat which was impossible to cool down- so I feel your pain!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by 1992LP)
    I don't think the sort of people that put tin foil round their windows are doing it to cool the room down...
    You'll wish you had a tinfoil hat when they come to get you!

OP try it and find out if you can't find any agreement?

(Original post by Ham22)
    Has anyone ever used either tin foil or that shiny sheet stuff for wrapping around people on their windows to try and cool a ******* room down? Did it work?
    I used to live in accommodation with a massive glass window (about 8ft x 3ft) which was in the sun for most of the day, so my room was sweltering for most of the summer. I never found a solution to cooling it down when it was hot - the best I managed was leaving the window open (it was on the second floor, so too high for burglars ) and keeping the curtains closed all the time to stop the heat from getting in.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.