More CV Help Watch

shell_xx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I know there's a lot of these popping up but I'd be really grateful if anyone could give me any advice with my CV. I've never had to use a CV before, always application forms, so apologies if it seems primitive. The layout, what should be included/excluded and the general language are all areas I think i need help with.

A-level grades are excluded because I did rubbish, personal problems, but obviously I don't want to outline that on the document.

Otherwise, there's not much on it as I don't have much to say!

Anyway, I'm asking because I have an appointment with a recruitment agency on friday and so I have had to draw this up today. I know that ideally CV's should be tailored to a specific role, but I shall probably be looking at a variety of jobs. HR will feature in the main, along with admin work. Other possibilities will be retail/assistant manager jobs. Come september once they reopen, i will hope to apply for graduate HR and generalist management schemes too.

Anyway, I've attached the CV (minus personal details) so I would be grateful for any constructive criticism.

Thanks x
bcr8iv
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Just didn't grab me at all...if I was an emplyoer id be thinking 'bottom of the pile'. Not sure how you can improve it though...but my opinion is that it needs improving; adding to or something. Just make up a few things they can never find out (not big things like grades obviously).
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by bcr8iv)
Just didn't grab me at all...if I was an emplyoer id be thinking 'bottom of the pile'. Not sure how you can improve it though...but my opinion is that it needs improving; adding to or something. Just make up a few things they can never find out (not big things like grades obviously).
Pretty much what I thought.

I would take out the less important stuff and crystalise your CV into a single page.

Don't give too many details about your job at TBV Business Services.

Remove "Began learning acoustic guitar" from your EC/responsibilities list. It's trivial. Same applies for "Insight into Management Course" and "Phi Alpha Delta fraternity member".

Have a section on awards and interests.

Specify exactly the grade you obtained in each 'A' level subject.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed