Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Most of my friends are uni friends, worried about moving home! watch

I'm nearing the end of my time at uni, I will be finished in 4 weeks time Then for the forseeable I'm moving home, because I've got a boyfriend at home. I'm happy about this because I want to be with him and it is probably the main reason I'm moving home, if I wasn't with him I don't know what I'd be doing.

I'm just worried because of lack of friends though. Most of my good friends are uni friends. I'm really close to my housemates and they're who I spend most of my time with socially, and then I've got other friends from my course and a few others from halls last year etc. I've been really close to all these people for 2 years now. These are the kind of people I sit watching telly with, go to uni with, go out for food, nights out, do fun things etc. And I'm really going to miss these friendships but it's inevitable that they're going to end because everyone is moving home/to different unis. We can still stay in touch through facebook but it's never going to be how it is now!

I've only got 2 friends at home! We've been a group of 3 since school, but obviously with me being away for long periods of time I'm drifted from them and I find it hard to maintain my friendships with them. I hardly have the chance to see them when I'm home. These 2 are much closer than I am to either of them. They're not the sort of friends that I can just pop to their house for a cup of tea anymore, it always has to be an organised night out or something that's the only way I see them.

I've got other friends from school but most of them are in uni away, and I've not spoken to them for months either.

Didn't finish post!

Not spoken to friends from school properly for months and we find it really hard to find a convenient time for us all to meet up. I've also got a part-time job but most of the people who work there are older so they're not going to become my friends.

I'm just really worried that I'm going to be lonely/have no social life. I do try with my friends from home but like I said - it's hard because I've drifted from them. I think my boyfriend thinks I have no friends - because whenever I'm home I'm either with him or my family. I see my friends occasionally on nights out but that's it whereas he has friends who he goes to their houses and chills with them, meets them in town but my friends aren't like that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.