Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long does it take to prepare for the DSA theory test? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have recently started getting driving lessons.

I have yet to take my theory test, and my instructor now tells me that I should get the theory test out of the way.

I did a test online and did the hazard perception on the CD and failed .

I want to get my theory test out of the way quickly, and now that I have my university assignments out of the way, I have more time.

Roughly, how long will it take me to revise for the test? Say 2 weeks?

Also, whats a good way of revising for this? Make use of websites?

Please share some tips and advise.

ReputationRep:
    The way I revised was through using a book with all the questions in, and just working my way through. I didn't really revise hazard perception, I just used my common sense, or clicked every few seconds when I wasn't sure.. I passed first time, 49/50 for questions, can't remember what for the hazard perception.

It takes however long depending on the effort you put in.

ReputationRep:
    I 'learnt' aka do the questions for all the chapters, took a break while doing whilst doing school and did 50 multiple choice there and then. Hazard perception is more of skills and actually concentrating on the boring clips. Do a couple of clicks per hazard but with a time space to try get as many points.

ReputationRep:
    2-3 weeks should be enough. I used the CD.

ReputationRep:
    I used the DrivingTestSuccess CD. It was really, really helpful. I also used theory apps on my phone, as well as paying extra attention when I was on a bus/in a car/walking on the street. Revised nearly every day for a couple of weeks and passed first time with 48/50 and 55/75

ReputationRep:
    3-5 days of decent revision is enough, it's pretty straigtforward

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopefulMidwife)
    I used the DrivingTestSuccess CD. It was really, really helpful. I also used theory apps on my phone, as well as paying extra attention when I was on a bus/in a car/walking on the street. Revised nearly every day for a couple of weeks and passed first time with 48/50 and 55/75
    I used this CD too! Literally all I used and found it really easy to use and so helpful. I did a few tests here and there for a few months (but not regularly enough to actually remember any of the information), and then did it all day the day before and the day of my test.
    I got 47/50 and 58/75

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dusky Mauve)
    I used this CD too! Literally all I used and found it really easy to use and so helpful. I did a few tests here and there for a few months (but not regularly enough to actually remember any of the information), and then did it all day the day before and the day of my test.
    I got 47/50 and 58/75
    It's wicked! I'd definitely recommend, and it was cheap as well. It really helped me with the HP. You got a good pass too!

ReputationRep:
    I think 2 weeks is doable. I bought a DSA book full of practice questions( near 2000 questions) and I bought the "driving to success" DVD which had a load of mock tests and hazard perception tests. I Personally went over every section in the book and answered all the questions and just worked on the sections I did not do as well on. Then I did the practice mock tests over and over again until I was getting 50/50 , the same went for perception tests. A lot of its common sense and some you would know the answers because you would have done during your driving lessons. Good luck!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me with the theory and where can I practise the hazard perceptions

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.