Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Era of atomic bombs over: President Ahmadinejad Watch

ReputationRep:
    Iran’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says the era of atomic bombs is over and the use of nuclear weapons will no longer influence political equations.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/04...r-ahmadinejad/

“The era of the atomic bomb is over. Atomic bombs are no longer useful and have no effect on political equations. Atomic bombs belong to the last century, and anyone who thinks he can rule the world by atomic bombs is a political fool,” Ahmadinejad said during his visit to Benin on Monday.

Ahmadinejad added that imperialism is what currently threatens the world, not nuclear weapons.

The Iranian president said world powers seek to maintain their monopoly over nuclear energy and are using propaganda tools to insinuate the idea that nuclear energy equates a nuclear bomb - which is “a big lie.”
    “Nuclear energy is one thing and an atomic bomb is another. This useful energy must belong to all nations,” Ahmadinejad stated.
    “We are fighting so that all nations could use peaceful nuclear energy,” the Iranian president said, adding that although monopolists were resisting, they would fail against the struggles of independent countries such as Iran, and African and Latin American states.

Those countries that possess large stockpiles of nuclear weapons deceptively claim that they are against the use of such arms, Ahmadinejad said. He added that if those countries oppose the use of nuclear weapons, they must not be in possession of the weapons.

Ahmadinejad left Tehran for a three-day tour of Africa on Sunday at the head of a high-ranking delegation.

I knew this all along. Mainstream media likes to sensationalize- they did about Iraq. As George Bush himself said, 'fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me'.

There are some people on these forums who have a prejudice against Iran - they aren't perfect, but they still have a prejudice, a vested interest to distort the truth. I urge you not to listen to anything i say but think for yourself! Go and look at all sides , and don't let anyone - not even any one in authority- think for you.

So please, continue hating on Iran while North Korea are the ones who ACTUALLY OWN nuclear weapons and are ACTUALLY threaten ing to Nuke you. Political powers need your apathy for their unfair foreign politics.

<font color="#ff0000"><span style="font-family: Arial"><font size="5"><strong>

ReputationRep:
    Yawn. He doesn't mention thermonuclear weapons does he..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    Yawn. He doesn't mention thermonuclear weapons does he..?
    No words.

He clearly says that nuclear energy is one thing and atomic bombs - or nuclear weapons- are another.

Why on earth would anyone build a nuke, and use it, when they know they will get nuked to oblivion ? That's political suicide.

Atomic bombs -rightly- are the thing of the past.

But the coorporate media and big family weapons businesses need to put bread on the table.

ReputationRep:
    But isn't the Iranian leaders daily calling for the destruction of Israel?
    Aren't they supporting Hezbollah, the Syrian regime etc

Suspicion is evil but only in most cases not all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MENDACIUM)
    I urge you not to listen to anything i say but think for yourself! Go and look at all sides , and don't let anyone - not even any one in authority- think for you.
    So... after putting up quotes from him, you're saying we shouldn't listen to him?

I think you're getting a little confused, dear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    So... after putting up quotes from him, you're saying we shouldn't listen to him?

I think you're getting a little confused, dear.
    I'm showing you what the coorporate media won't. They fooled us about Iraq, and i requested everyone not to take my word for it, to go and find out the full facts for themselves. It's a figure of speech used .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE)
    But isn't the Iranian leaders daily calling for the destruction of Israel?
    Aren't they supporting Hezbollah, the Syrian regime etc

Suspicion is evil but only in most cases not all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Iran never said it wanted to destroy Israel/wipe it off the map.

He IS calling for the end of a Zionist regime which builds illegal settlements on Palestinian land, clearly in violation of international laws. He is calling for the end of a regime which was responsible for the devastating gaza massacre and enslavement of so many people -even today- in gaza. Two states is the way forward.

The media want to sell you a story, so sensationalize his words.

If you want to know the truth about President Ahmedinejad, here you go:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.