Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be attending Glasgow Uni this September '13 doing Computing Science. I'm wondering what the attitude is towards just dropping in on lectures in other subjects, such as Business studies for example, now and again. Is something like this tolerated?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by massless)
    I'm going to be attending Glasgow Uni this September '13 doing Computing Science. I'm wondering what the attitude is towards just dropping in on lectures in other subjects, such as Business studies for example, now and again. Is something like this tolerated?
    They'll never know you're there or who you are. I used to turn up to random Exploring the Cosmos lectures all the time and I've never taken that subject/it isn't even slightly related to my degree.
    Most classes, particularly in first year have a good 150-200 people in them.
    Unless of course your're studying something totally random like a Baltic language or Gaelic. Then assume classes to be smaller.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! That's really great to know, I'd love to drop-in on random stuff to just get a taste of stuff outside my main schedule. What's the best way to get a hold of lecture timetables for other subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's actually a lot more boring than you'd think haha :P
    Generally knowing other people doing different courses or seeing which course goes into a lecture hall before or after you, or it'll be available on mycampus somewhere no doubt but that program is so useless you'd be hard pushed finding it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha sounds like it's going to be an adventure, can't wait to get started, wahey! Thanks for the info

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.