The Student Room Group

Am i the only one who hates summer?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by tehforum
Ah, the yearly 'Am I the only one who hates summer'? read.

I don't hate it, it does get annoying sometimes when everyone says oh its a nice day, let's go outside...

How would i know if previous threads have been made on the same topic? I'm only new here. You don't have to post in the thread anyways, you choose to.
Reply 41
I do like warm weather more. Walking to uni early in the morning in about 10 layers trying to hold an umbrella without it blowing inside out is painful. I think people tend to be in a lot better mood once spring starts, there's a noticeable change in the air and everyone is much more upbeat and friendlier.
summer is usually better....u get used to it
Summer is nice but when it's like nearing 30 degrees celsius (who measures in fahrenheit?) and you're sweating the entire contents of your body fluids in 1 hour then it's not so nice, definitely prefer winter at any feasible coldness to that scenario.

However, when it's warm enough so you can go out in a tee and shorts, and just lie about outside in the park with your mates, that trumps winter for me :smile:
Original post by MancBoy
When it's summer everyone seems to turn into a douchebag.

i agree, they all turn ignorant...

someone needs to do a scientific explanation on why summer changes the behavior of human beings and brings the worse out of them
Reply 45
I love the hot, but I hate the hay fever :frown: Itchy eyes suck.
Original post by Anythingoo1
Summer is nice but when it's like nearing 30 degrees celsius (who measures in fahrenheit?) and you're sweating the entire contents of your body fluids in 1 hour then it's not so nice, definitely prefer winter at any feasible coldness to that scenario.

However, when it's warm enough so you can go out in a tee and shorts, and just lie about outside in the park with your mates, that trumps winter for me :smile:

I have been in 42 degrees of heat
I don't like it when it's summer, people come out more....
I don't like moist heat, but I don't mind dry heat, like beaches.
As for the people who don't like summer, you'll definitely dislike Indonesia. Its either sun or rain every day. :tongue:
How can you hate summer, it's the best season! As long as it's not humid (e.g. Spanish weather as opposed to an Indian summer) I wouldn't mind if it was summer for all eternity.
Reply 50
I like it when its warm with a light cool breeze, not to hot and not too cold
Original post by anonymouspie227
I don't like it when it's summer, people come out more....

No wonder there are so many gay people in Brighton :tongue:

(Lame joke, I know)
Original post by study beats
I have been in 42 degrees of heat

Alright dude, it's not a competition :laugh:

yeah... that's pretty hot :K:
Reply 53
yes unfortunately.
Everyone moans when it's hot, and likewise when it's cold.
You're weird!!
Reply 56
I LOVE summer and in my books, the hotter it is the better (well to a point... but it's not like we cross that point very much in the UK). I love being able to wear shorts and skirts, and to be able to enjoy long walks and being outside. Also, whenever it is sunny you just feel so much happier!
Reply 57
Like all the seasons for different reasons. Bit of variety cant hurt anyone.
Reply 58
Join the club, OP.
I like hot weather on foriegn holidays where they're structured around it like having swimming pools, air conditioning and stone flooring but in Britain it does get really muggy and uncomfortable.. But id still prefer it to be sunny and comfortable than frosty/rainy/cold.

Quick Reply

Latest