Fashion Faux Pas Watch

hangover_cure
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
if your looking for the worst dressing person in the world then look no further

i have no sense of style, direction or any particular look, just take two mis matching pieces of clothing and stick it on, put a jumper or hoodie or jacket on and BANG thats me sorted.

now i realise i want to change my ways where should i start :p:

im a poor student plz take this into account

and i dont like customising as im not a female and i dont know how to. plus i dont see the point in ruining clothes by cutting patches in them.
ImperceptibleNinja
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Customising doesn't have to mean hacking great big wodges of fabric out of your clothes... fabric paint is a good way to brighten up boring or stained things, and patches are good for jeans and stuff.

Maybe you could get a friend to 'volenteer' to help you sort your clothes - that way they'll be able to advise you and it'll probably be a lot less boring. They'll also be able to tell you what kind of things suit you more.
I work in a clothes shop and what we do is block clothes by colour - that's probably a bit obsessive for your average wardrobe, but if you try grouping your clothes by colours that look nice together, it'll make choosing outfits a lot more straightforward on a day-to-day basis. Try experimenting with different combinations and work out a few specific ones that go nicely together so you can rely on them.

Also, investigate charity shops. I seem to buy an increasing amount of clothes from the local charity shops and it can be very successful, especially if you go in relatively frequently.
It's also good to get things that go together - not like in a shellsuit way! - so that you can co-ordinate stuff more easily. Like, if you have a couple of t-shirts with bits of brown on them, maybe get some brown trousers, and then you'll have two 'outfits' without too much hassle.
Revelation
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Did you say? faux hawk? A mohawk, but instead of a "real" mohawk where you shave the sides of your head, you just glue up the middle part of your regular hair so that it is in the style of the mohawk. Urban Dictionary is your friend
supernova2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
go work in a clothes shop.

I was like you but I started working at House of Fraser and now im a brand whore. I wont buy from topshop or anything just because I think its beneath me (even though it isnt). Plsu you learn all about the different looks etc just from seeing lots of stock, options and stuff like that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.48%
No - but I will (76)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.91%

Watched Threads