The Student Room Group

Withdrawing UCAS application

Hello :redface:

I applied through UCAS in september and since then i have recieved all 5 offers, as well as have already chosen my firm and insurance.
However, i no longer wish to do the course or go the the universities i applied for. I know this for certain. I would like to apply through UCAS again, but this September (September 2013 for 2014 entry - thus taking a Gap year). I have a couple of questions and would be really grateful if anyone had any answers.

1) Am i allowed to withdraw my application as i have already accepted a firm and insurance choice. How do i go about this?

2) If i withdraw my application (even though i have already accepted a firm and insurance) would i still be able to apply again this September for 2014 entry. On the UCAS website it states that "You are only allowed one application per application cycle"

3) Woud the universities i applied for in September know that i applied previously for a different course?

4) If my current tutor was to leave, who would write my reference. Would my old reference still be on the college system? I am a bit paranoid that if i withdraw my application now, then there would be no way of gaining a reference once i reapply.

Sorry for all the questions, my college are not very helpful about this sort of thing, so i would be really thankful to anyone that can help :colondollar:
1) Go onto you're online UCAS application and withdraw you're application.
2) Yes, you will be able to apply again for 2014, as that is a new cycle.
3) I don't know 100%, but I don't think so.
4) You would need to get a new reference if you applied again in 2014. One option is to ask you're tutor if s/he is prepared to write one for you, in 2014. If not, you will have to get a reference from elsewhere.

Hope this helps.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by CelticSymphony67
1) Go onto you're online UCAS application and withdraw you're application.
2) Yes, you will be able to apply again for 2014, as that is a new cycle.
3) I don't know 100%, but I don't think so.
4) You would need to get a new reference if you applied again in 2014. One option is to ask you're tutor if s/he is prepared to write one for you, in 2014. If not, you will have to get a reference from elsewhere.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help :smile:
I am probably just getting paranoid haha but I think my tutor is moving abroad. If she does, who else would be able to write one. I go to a massive college so i don't know if my teachers would be willing to do it and i don't have a job :s-smilie:
Hmm, you can bend it a bit when you apply for 2014. As a Mature Student applying for this September, I had a problem about who to get for my reference. I phoned up UCAS, and they told me a friend or family cannot be a reference, but an acquaintance can, which was very vague to me, so I got the lady who runs my local shop to be my reference. I have known her for fifteen years.
Oh ok then. I guess i will have to deal with it when the time comes. Thanks for your help :redface:
No bother and Good Luck.
Reply 6
In terms of your referee, it would depend on what you do with your gap year. For example, if you work/volunteer in a relevant field, you could get your manager/supervisor to do your reference for next year?
Reply 7
An academic reference is needed if you've only just left education. Unis will find it very strange if you can't provide one and assume you're hiding something.

Posted from Juno's amazing phone
Original post by Juno
An academic reference is needed if you've only just left education. Unis will find it very strange if you can't provide one and assume you're hiding something.

Posted from Juno's amazing phone

Good Point. I never thought about that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending