Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Helloo all !

I applied late so i am only now trying to get things sorted. I have my interview date coming through tomorrow, and if accepted, am i too late to apply for hall accommodation? Or a house share? Is it pretty easy to find somewhere to live with me only just applying.

I am still not 100% sure yet if I'm going to stay at home and drive, or live there but i want to explore all options.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I've also had trouble applying, since the accommodation website has been faulty, and therefore it won't let me book a room at the moment. Don't worry! We have till May to get it sorted, plus everyone first year is guaranteed a place in halls, so either way you will get a room

If you have anymore problems, contact the university

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dellx)
    Helloo all !

I applied late so i am only now trying to get things sorted. I have my interview date coming through tomorrow, and if accepted, am i too late to apply for hall accommodation? Or a house share? Is it pretty easy to find somewhere to live with me only just applying.

I am still not 100% sure yet if I'm going to stay at home and drive, or live there but i want to explore all options.

Thanks!
    The Uni guarantee all first year places in Uni Accommodation however at this late stage unless you're lucky you will probably be in Lonsdale (The furthest halls from Campus) You can still get Halls Privately through of Derwent living (http://www.derwentstudents.com/) or Fresh Student living (http://www.freshstudentliving.co.uk/locations/derby) The latter one is a new development, the rooms are amazing and you will be the first ones in there. Both Derwent and Fresh Student halls are located next door to all the Uni Halls so you will be in the same area so everyone else as well. Halls is a great experience and chances are you will get a house in your 2nd and 3rd year so best to experience halls for at least 1 year.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh fab ! Although im not sure if im joining first, second or third year as ive already done a HND and just doing a top up. I would like to join in the second year, or i wouldnt mind even first. But depends what the uni say as i know someone who has to join first year despite the fact they have done a HND course. But good to know if i do join first, i still have a chance to going in the halls.

Super excited. Thanks for your replies!

ReputationRep:
    I work for one of the campuses and unfortunately all hall ensuites have now gone. There maybe as people stated there maybe lower class accommodation left now

ReputationRep:
    Ok thankyou for your reply!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Dellx,

As people have already said, applications for halls of residence are still open, so you are still able to apply. The deadline for applications to ensure you are guaranteed a room is the end of June, so get your application in ASAP for the best pick!

Again, as already mentioned, there are alternatives to University halls of residence, however these can be more expensive and sometimes don't provide as comprehensive a package.

A house share will be more difficult to find, as most landlords only accept applications from groups of students to fill the house completely, although you are more than welcome to contact the Student Living Shop on 01332 591 302 and they may be able to help you find private accommodation.

I hope this has helped you, please get in contact if you have any more questions or need any help.

Stacey.

ReputationRep:
    Great again thankyou for your replies.

ReputationRep:
    Hi does anyone know if it's too late to apply for accommodation for derby university for 2017? Looking for accommodation closest to friar gate campus thank you

ReputationRep:
    I have a room available in princess Alice court if you are still looking.

Thanks

MQUOTEy =Dellx;42252833]Helloo all !

Thanks![/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    I have a room at princess Alice court if you are still looking. Thanks

QUOTE=Foodandcolour95;42255229]Hi

I've also had trouble applying, since the accommodation website has been faulty, and therefore it won't let me book a room at the moment. Don't worry! We have till May to get it sorted, plus everyone first year is guaranteed a place in halls, so either way you will get a room

If you have anymore problems, contact the university [/QUOTE]

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.