Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im doing only 2 gcse exams this year
    Physical Education Theory GCSE Edexcel
    And History OCR
    At the moment im fine with history but im completely lost with physical education.
    Im not sure how to revise, please can anyone tell me any tips/what i should do?
    My gcse exam is on the 14th may

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemaralam)
    Im doing only 2 gcse exams this year
    Physical Education Theory GCSE Edexcel
    And History OCR
    At the moment im fine with history but im completely lost with physical education.
    Im not sure how to revise, please can anyone tell me any tips/what i should do?
    My gcse exam is on the 14th may
    From my personal experience, revising is a very personal thing. Something that works for someone may not even come close to working for another.

For me, I like to make full notes on everything I'm studying in all topics (effectively summarising what is written in the textbook) then I put these notes into a more condensed form on cue cards so in their simplest form. After which I make essay plans for previous and possible exam questions using revision guides and past papers. I tend to do this in the couple of months leading up to the exam.

It is often said that writing and rewriting out information helps you to memorise it. Maybe if you try making bullet point type notes and trying to memorise them by reading them aloud and repeating them? Sometimes that can help.

I know plenty of people who create mindmaps and put them up all over their houses so that revision becomes part of the everyday activities, for example going to the toilet and seeing a mindmap on netball rules potentially or rounder/tennis/basketball in the kitchen.

There's so many different techniques out there. You are still young, you have plenty of time to find out what works best for you. I think I've done a different technique for each exam series until January this year and now I think I've found what works for me

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    I had (and still do have) the same problem.
    Everybody learns and revises in different ways, for me, I found that rewriting my notes helped me to remember the information, or writing it in a different way which gets your mind thinking more
    I also find that talking to my friends about it helps! Not in a strictly educational way either.. I do Psychology and we did a unit on aggression and conformity so when a friend (also doing psychology) would be like 'they're conforming because they're the minority group/have been deindividuated' as a joke or something, it'd help me to remember it!
    With history, I did suffragettes and suffragists so we would make jokes about it, when something happened and it would help to remember it! (Especially as its revising without strictly revising)

Just remember, everybody is different and you'll probably have to try a number of techniques before you find one that suits you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.