The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam Uni

Hey guys, I've just received a conditional offer for Physiotherapy in SHU, however, the offer has been deferred till September 2014. Is there anyway this can be changed? or is it just because they have allocated all places? I want to do the course in 2013. Thanks
Original post by RobbieD
Hey guys, I've just received a conditional offer for Physiotherapy in SHU, however, the offer has been deferred till September 2014. Is there anyway this can be changed? or is it just because they have allocated all places? I want to do the course in 2013. Thanks

Basically yes, they like you but are full up for 2013. You could try ringing them up and saying how much you want to start this year - if nothing else, they might consider you if they have a space or two on results day if you say now how keen you are etc.
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
Basically yes, they like you but are full up for 2013. You could try ringing them up and saying how much you want to start this year - if nothing else, they might consider you if they have a space or two on results day if you say now how keen you are etc.

Thanks for the advice, I rang them and they told me to get in touch on results day. I really hope they have a few spaces available, Is there usually quite a few students that don't make it because of not fulfilling the required grades?
Original post by RobbieD
Thanks for the advice, I rang them and they told me to get in touch on results day. I really hope they have a few spaces available, Is there usually quite a few students that don't make it because of not fulfilling the required grades?

That's a lot better than saying No! :smile:

There is nearly always a few students who don't make their grades, but the universities know that will happen and make more offers than places accordingly. You might get lucky this August but you might not.

In the meantime, work your hardest to get the best grades you can.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending