Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, in an exam they gave me 25% extra and dyslexic and handwriting stickers?

what is dyslexic and handwriting stickers/ thanks

ReputationRep:
    the stickers are like post-it notes that help you colour coding in revion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farmgirl1998)
    the stickers are like post-it notes that help you colour coding in revion
    Do you mean the colour of the paper changes , cause I did not have this in a level

ReputationRep:
    you can get diffrent coloured paper i get it from Pukka - thier fab!

ReputationRep:
    I have some friends that have these to stick on the cover of the exam paper so when it is being marked, the person marking won't mark down for mistakes that are caused by dyslexia, such as spelling or odd grammar use. It kind of depends on the institution really though whether they do that or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairysdad)
    I have some friends that have these to stick on the cover of the exam paper so when it is being marked, the person marking won't mark down for mistakes that are caused by dyslexia, such as spelling or odd grammar use. It kind of depends on the institution really though whether they do that or not.
    Yes cause my university , send they would put a sticker, so will that mean the format of the exam paper will be the same? or no, just a sticker to indicate something to examiner?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otrivine)
    Yes cause my university , send they would put a sticker, so will that mean the format of the exam paper will be the same? or no, just a sticker to indicate something to examiner?
    As far as I know it'd just be something to indicate your dyslexia to the examiner. However, if you need things like different coloured pages to be able to read, you will probably be able to get help with that as well - a girl on my course has been supplied with some coloured poly-pockets and acetate sheets to overlay onto pages she has to read from.

Your best bet though is to go to the Additional Learning Support part of your uni (if it's called that at yours - generally you'd find it in the library, but if you've been given the stickers you'll probably know where it is!) and find out what extra support you can get. My uni has a habit of giving out Macbooks to dyslexic students... slightly jealous of that tbh!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.