Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I'm resitting my AS year however have been in contact by various universities allowing me to apply due to extenuating circumstances

However I'm scared I am extremely nervous! So could someone help me with my questions?

I should have about 1 and a half months of work experience will that be sufficient?

I am aiming to achieve all A's in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths
    I've been told after achieve 4 A's in January exams I will be predicted A* in Biology, A* in Maths should I gain A in June (due to gaining full marks in biology and 90%+ in maths) my chemistry teacher is AWESOME but he really isn't that sort of person you discuss things before anything happens lol but I gained 88% in that and just almost an A in Physics (due to issues at home = resitting )
    So if I beg my Chemistry teacher to predict me A* would gaining A* A* A* in 2014 be sufficient for applying medicine or is it over the top?

I'm planning my UKCAT please help with revision tips?

I have achieved 4A*'s 5A's 2B's 2C's is this sufficient at GCSE?

I talked to one of my old school mate who is a year above me due to me switching colleges, he was the top in the year I was just behind him... Damn him lol but he's currently achieve A* A* B and has been offered a place at Nottingham, Sheffield and I think Leeds....

I'm just a bit nervous ever so nervous so please calm me

Would appreciate all the help

ReputationRep:
    Bumpety bump...

ReputationRep:
    Believe in yourself,and everything will be alright.

ReputationRep:
    Getting A*A*A* is a bit OTT- you'll do just fine with AAA, although getting predicted the A* won't hurt
    You've got a good amount of work experience- but it doesn't really matter, the key is showing how much you learnt from it and how what you experienced has changed your views of medicine etc. Someone with a week but who showed they participated and learnt a lot would beat out someone who went along for a year but didn't learn anything.

Your GCSE's look good- look at applying to uni's where the weighting favours them. Nottingham rank your top 8 GCSE's to help them decide who to interview, so look for uni's that may do the same

For your UKCAT, just do as many questions as you can under timed conditions so that you get really used to the style and speed of the UKCAT- do the online practice tests as many times as you can and if possible use the 600 questions UKCAT book.

By the sounds of it, you're going to be fine if you care this much!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 13, 2013
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.