Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi people wondering if anyone can help me

Last year I applied to study at the OU, and subsequently arranged for finance via student finance. However due to personal circumstances I decided to withrdraw my application literally four days after. ( I had not even submitted my signature on the form they had sent me to confirm funding, nor have I ever even given them my bank details)

In December, I subsquently confirmed this via the Open university why I could not do the course, they understood, and it was done and dusted. I phoned the Student finance and told them that I wished to have the prospective funding cancelled and I was told that was fine. They cancelled it for me. So I thought that was that

3 months down the line, literally three weeks ago, I received a letter from student finance, A student signature finance form, Requesting my signature to say that the application that I had submitted for funding (And had cancelled literally four days later!!!) was to the best of my belief, The letter was tied with a letter from the OU which said that I needed to return the form to SF to confirm the funding When I had also cancelled with the OU, back in December as well.

Anyway I phoned the OU up and a gentleman confirmed to me that the application had been cancelled ' it was just a **** up and he couldnt undestand why I had been sent the letter', that done, I phoned the student finance and I explained I'd had already cancelled with them back In December, The lady said ' Yes ok, I'll put a cancellation in for you on your application, That totally shocked me because I had already cancelled the application back In Decemember. And logging into my student finance account it says the loans are progressing and doesnt say there cancelled, baring in mind I HAVE NOT EVEN STARTED A COURSE WITH THE OU, OR CONFIRMED FUNDING WITH THE STUDENT FINANCE BECAUSE I CANCELLED BOTH FOUR DAYS AFTER I HAD INITALLY APPLIED IN DECEMEBER:mad::mad:

It's really worrying me now, because I'm worried that, I might be liable to pay back fees which I never even set on!!!!!!

If anyone can give me advice or help, Much appreciated!

Thanks Guys

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.