Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I have been studying a course at the University of Copenhagen for the past (almost) 2 years. I have been offered a place at UCL for the MSci in Neuroscience, which i intend to start studying in the academic year 2013/14 (£9000 per year). I merely wish to leave my current course, and at some point in the future, transfer credits from my new course, and write my finale thesis. However, this affects my application for a Tuition Fees loan. As i have understood it, i will most likely be denied the 2 years of loans, i have "spent" in Copenhagen, so to speak. But the course in Neuroscience is not available in Denmark, therefore i could not have taken it here. And there is no way i can raise the money myself. What are the specific rules around this?

Thank you in advance,
    Gustav
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Gustav,

As you've already studied two years of the same course in Denmark I'm presuming that you won't be required to start the course at UCL from first year again.

Could you let me know which year of study you will be starting in as this will directly affect the finance you're entitled to.

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mark-Lee,

I'm sorry, the text is a bit unclear. The bachelor i am currently taking is in philosophy, which is a totally different subject. The Neuroscience MSci is not an exchange of any kind, but a completely new bachelor. So i will be starting from year one.

Regards,
    Gustav
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Gustav,

As your are starting from your first year of the course and as you've already studied two years you will only be entitled to 2 years of funding from SFE.

The 2 years you are entitled to will be available in the last two years of your new course.

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mark-Lee,

I see. So just to be absolutely certain: I have to pay for the first two years of my new course, and the two subsequent years i am entitled to funding? As the new course is an MSci and therefore lasts four years.

Regards,
    Gustav

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.