Wjec It Watch

JuicyLucy1989
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Did anyone do this today? On the whole it was very easy. Now I understand why the A* grade boundary is so high!
-rainbows&butterflies-
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yup, i agree it was easy!

what texts do u study?
JuicyLucy1989
(Original post by Jessiewessie)
yup, i agree it was easy!

what texts do u study?
for IT? :confused:
-rainbows&butterflies-
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
oops sorry, read it wrong!!!!!!!
Wezzo
Report 12 years ago
I did it today. It was fairly easy, but I made some stupid mistakes unfortunately. What is the A* grade boundary usually then?
JuicyLucy1989
It depends what your coursework was like. I've been told if you got a high A* on your coursework you needed between 70 and 80% for an A*
Wezzo
Report 12 years ago
Ah, that's cool. I got 98% ish on my coursework, and I'm confident I got 80% in the exam, so I'm on track it seems. Thanks.
NaN
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The only bits I found hard were; The one about learning - you had to write how a "sensor" would help with education - what kind of sensor?!, The POS thing at the end - it was easy but I only wrote a page, and there were about 50 pages to write on!

And a stupid answer my friend wrote:

Distance Learning: When you sit far away from the computer.
MarcD
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
haha that's a funny mistake though...

When I first saw the POS question I was pretty worried, having not covered it, but when I looked through the question properly it looked fairly straightforward anyway and I think I managed to get the marks with it so it turned out well in the end.

That sensor question got me as well, what an odd thing to say, even my IT teacher couldnt think of anything. Silly question :p:

70%-80% with high coursework, that's a huge relief. I thought the boundary was going to be around 90% even with the coursework at full marks. I tried calculating at the end of the exam an estimated percentage with the first paper and I think I got around 80% so that's just right on track so far.

Good luck all with the second paper!
JuicyLucy1989
I didn't like the whole question on how ICT can help schoolwork. I just guessed on all of them, for the sensor one I put a student could use them using a science experiment to take the temperature of the reactants. don't think I'll get a mark. I wrote about a page and a half for the last one (rambling) it was 10 marks, so i think it was 2 marks per bullet point!

lol at your mate

PS don't get your hopes up at what i said earlier about grade boundaries. i'm pretty sure it's right though as it came from a teacher in my school who is an examiner for WJEC, but it could be wrong. 90% seems far too high though when the exam only counts for 40%
rain_on_the_brain
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by RichardJohn89)
And a stupid answer my friend wrote:

Distance Learning: When you sit far away from the computer.
lol great answer! yeh that group of questions (Distance Learning, Sensor etc) and near the end the four sets of initals got me stumped, and for the last question I did like a page, which due to the three or so we had to write on left me a bit worried! But the rest was a piece of p*ss
JuicyLucy1989
i think some of the pages at the back were there to be used for continuation pages. for 10 marks they can't expect you to write 3 pages when one mark is available for stating a simple fact
MarcD
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah Lucy's right, it said 5 x [2] on the question, so it would only be 2 marks per bullet point. I think 1 - 1.5 pages is enough to get the marks.
Wezzo
Report 12 years ago
I did around 1.25 pages - think I did enough to get the marks.

For the sensor question I put a student could use a temperature sensor to monitor temperature overnight to create a graph or somesuch - that sound right to anyone?
MarcD
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Sounds better than anything I could think of. I just imagined the computer bleeping "Intruder alert!" and the student writing it down in his notes lol. :p:
Svaughan
Report 12 years ago
Howdy people!

As you all said, I agree, didn't find the paper hard only the school work!

My friend made me laugh at the end of the test, he goes to us 'If only I new what POS was!'
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (44)
37.61%
No - but I will (4)
3.42%
No - I don't want to (5)
4.27%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (64)
54.7%

Watched Threads