Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR B (Salters) Chemistry F331 (Chemistry for Life) Thursday 23rd May Exam Discussion watch

ReputationRep:
    Here you go guys, had a few requests for it

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys, I took finished my A-level last year . The words "heat under reflux" and "concentrated sulphuric acid" have haunted me ever since.

ReputationRep:
    im not looking forward to this !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxSherlockxx)
    Good luck guys, I took finished my A-level last year . The words "heat under reflux" and "concentrated sulphuric acid" have haunted me ever since.
    this right here is my motivation to learn those conditions and reagents

ReputationRep:
    In all seriousness, make sure you learn those reagents and conditions. The A2 Summer exam has a massive list of them, any of which can come up. They're easy marks, don't lose them by not learning them!

ReputationRep:
    In all seriousness, make sure you learn those reagents and conditions. The A2 Summer exam has a massive list of them, any of which can come up. They're easy marks, don't lose them by not learning them!
    May I ask where to get this list of reagents and conditions? What exactly are they for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evenstar95)
    May I ask where to get this list of reagents and conditions? What exactly are they for?
    I'm not sure where you can get them from, my chemistry teacher gave me mine. I think you can find it somewhere in the Chemical Ideas textbook though. They are all the conditions for various reactions, things like alcohol to aldehyde to carboxylic acid/ketone. Carboxylic acid to amines, amines to amides, etc.

Just looked it up, Chapter 14.2, but as I said, that is A2.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure where you can get them from, my chemistry teacher gave me mine. I think you can find it somewhere in the Chemical Ideas textbook though. They are all the conditions for various reactions, things like alcohol to aldehyde to carboxylic acid/ketone. Carboxylic acid to amines, amines to amides, etc.

Just looked it up, Chapter 14.2, but as I said, that is A2.
    No you need to learn some for the F332 exam, the list for that in the f332 thread here on tsr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madrevision)
    No you need to learn some for the F332 exam, the list for that in the f332 thread here on tsr
    Sorry, I meant the whole lot was for A2

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got f331 Jan 2013 markscheme? Would like to mark this paper over the weekend rather than wait till monday, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, how can you easily distinguish between nucleophilic substitution, electrophilic substitution, radical substitution and elimination reactions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElChapo)
    Anyone got f331 Jan 2013 markscheme? Would like to mark this paper over the weekend rather than wait till monday, thanks.
    Here is the markscheme, http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...5&d=1366452870
    Have you got the paper?? Haha really want to have a go at at

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evenstar95)
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368967740.359811.jpg
Views: 1596
Size:  175.4 KB
    Made this if its any help! But this won't be so useful in the F331 exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizz-ie)
    Hey guys, how can you easily distinguish between nucleophilic substitution, electrophilic substitution, radical substitution and elimination reactions?
    Sub - something is removed. and replaced by something else
    Add- something adds itself to a double bond (reactant loses d bond). and idk about the rest my f332 revision is currently pending- look in the revision guide...

ReputationRep:
    physics done- chemistry here I come

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a list of questions, which normally comes up in F331?

ReputationRep:
    Just finished OCR biology exam today.
    I have this exam on Thursday too, does anyone have any predictions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CompSci1)
    Does anyone have a list of questions, which normally comes up in F331?
    Really bro? A list? lol just do some papers, but there is always a question on octane number, bond angle and shape, heterogeneous catalysts, absorption and emission and mass spec

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me out this is really bugging me and I know it should be easy:

2N2O(g) ---> 2N2(g) + O2

Standard enthalpy change of formation for NO2 = +82.0 kJmol^-1

Calculate enthalpy change under standard conditions for this reaction

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AGKhan)
    Can anyone help me out this is really bugging me and I know it should be easy:

2N2O(g) ---> 2N2(g) + O2

Standard enthalpy change of formation for NO2 = +82.0 kJmol^-1

Calculate enthalpy change under standard conditions for this reaction

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Never mind!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.