Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I met a guy earlier this year, and we got along really well. I've gotten to like him as more than a friend, and our mutuals have been telling me he can't stop talking about me. I was hopeful he would try and meet up etc, as we text nonstop and he has been nothing but sweet to me. However, he never has. I know he is the shy type and has never had a relationship before. Every time our mates ask me if we're going out yet and I say no, they all seem to say they're not surprised as it takes him a lot to ask a girl out.

However, there was a week when he just stopped replying to me. Obviously this isn't a very long time but when you text someone every day, throughout the day, it suddenly feels like something's missing. After a week I texted him and he said sorry he completely forgot to reply blah blah blah. I wasn't angry it really wasn't a big deal, so we carried on talking like normal. Last week however, he stopped making any effort with me at all. He's met up with some of our mutual friends etc, and seems to have forgotten all about me and has replaced me with these mutual friends. Of course it has only been a week since we have stopped talking, but we have known each other for 4 months now and have been pretty close, yet we've never hung out together after the party we met at.

Early signs it's not going to work out? Idk obviously it doesn't sound like a big deal reading this back, but when you want it to work, your friends want it to work and he seems to want it to work most of the time, you do hope it does. Don't get me wrong, I have good guy friends and I know I couldn't just be friends with him, I'd rather cut contact :/ I've gotten to really like him and he isn't like the other guys I've gotten to know over the past few years so it would just be a shame if I were to give up on this if there's potential it could work out. Is he actually interested? He did say he forgot about me for a week when he stopped texting me....

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he was too shy to make a move and he was hoping you might and you haven't.

I think you should text him and tell him how you feel and say you want something to happen. Or just arrange to meet up. You don't need to leave everything for him to arrange. If you want to see him, organise it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.