Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm about to finish my 2nd year at York and to be honest I'm not happy.
    After lectures I just go home and watch TV I'm really not living the University lifestyle I envisioned before I came here, I know if I went to Manchester (which is where I am from) their is a lot to do and the people there are incredibly diverse unlike what I have seen in York. The course and teaching is fine I just find this place and the people too boring. Last year as well I had a housemate who was just horrible, racist and a rah seeing this guy on my course everyday just makes me want to punch him. This is University of York to University of Manchester btw.

Is it possible to do a 2nd year transfer, or any advice? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    It's really impossible to say, but you'll have to contract the department. All unis are struggling for student numbers nowadays, so they may be more open to transfers, though you may have to go into second year.

However, it's never going to be that freshers experience for you - even if you live in halls (and as a third year they'll probably drive you mad) you'd have to sacrifice your degree to do all the going out every night bit.

Are you sure you wouldn't be better off joining some new societies in York to meet new friends, and then go to Manchester if you want to do a postgraduate course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I would like to transfer to the university of Manchester as well and I wanted to know if the entry requirements are still the same and relevant to your A levels of based on the pass grades from your first year?

Thank you,
    Naterivers22, I tried to private message you to discuss this more but I somehow couldn't? Will you try to message me instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Preziosavita)
    Hi,

I would like to transfer to the university of Manchester as well and I wanted to know if the entry requirements are still the same and relevant to your A levels of based on the pass grades from your first year?

Thank you,
    Naterivers22, I tried to private message you to discuss this more but I somehow couldn't? Will you try to message me instead?
    They will likely look at your A Level grades, but if they give you a conditional offer it will be based on first year marks.

Don't forget that you will have to apply through UCAS long before you've got any first year marks back anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I went to Manchester University and there are lots of horrid, racist rahs there too.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.