Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm really not sure what to do right now, and can't stop worrying.
    There's a girl I am friends with. We met on Facebook and were just chatting for some time. A few months later she told me that she loved me. I rejected her, but it seems like she didn't mind, and was fine with just being friends. But today she asked me again if I loved her, my answer was the same. She got really depressed, and mentioned suicide... I got extremely scared, told her not to do that, to discuss it with someone... Then she just left both ICQ and Facebook and I still don't know if she was serious or not... But I'm extremely worried and can't get in touch with her... And can't even visit her, since she lives miles away. I'm still extremely worried, what can I do in this situation?...
    PS. Sorry, my english might be bad.

ReputationRep:
    Your English is perfect

Talk to a counsellor about it and they might know what you can do. Other than that:

Were ICQ and Facebook the only methods of contact you had with her?
    If there was any other method, express your worry to her.

Do you know any of her friends? Did you have any mutual friends on Facebook that you could talk to and ask whether they have heard from her recently and if she's okay?

Did she actually leve facebook, or has she just blocked you? If any friends of yours know about your situation could you log in as them and search to see if she is still on facebook?

Just some ideas, and good luck!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.