Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mark,

It still says on my Student Finance page that I'm currently studying Orthoptics at Liverpool and am receiving a full-time loan for 2012/2013, despite having contacted SFE back in September 2012 after deciding I didn't want to go to university, and again in November of the same year after finding a course on offer at the Open Uni which interested me.

When it came to applying for this Open Uni course, I couldn't apply for a part-time loan because I was still registered on the full-time course at Liverpool. I was told by SFE that I needed negative confirmation on my attendance to have my full-time loan cancelled, and that by the time I sent off my application form it would have been done - however the course dead line for funding passed by and I ended up being unable to enroll for this February.

I got in touch again last week to ask about cancelling this and was told that my request would be forwarded, but as previously mentioned, I'm still registered onto the course at Liverpool. I understand that these processes take time, but I don't want to miss my course dead line again because of them. Is there really nothing else I can do other than wait?

(On another note, if I'm planning on studying full-time at the Open Uni, do I still need a part-time loan?)

Thanks in advance.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Nick,

Firstly apologies that your application is taking so long to cancel, as you've mentioned we're currently waiting fo the university to confirm that you didn't attend and that we don't owe them any tuition fees.

All OU courses are classed as part time for the purposes of student finance which means that we'll only be able to award your a Tuition Fee Loan but no maintenance support unfortunately.

The part time applications won't be available until later this month.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.