Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Was one of the best teachers at my school, died in a car crash. He was young as well.

It just makes me think how a life can so easily be taken away, he was one of the nicest guys you could ever meet and I am honoured to have met him.

Of course no one on TSR knows him, however, I want this opportunity to tell you to make the most of your lives, every day, as it can be taken away in a second.

ReputationRep:
    May he rest in peace....:'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I understand perfectly what you mean; may he rest in peace! I hope you're feeling ok!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    Whilst I fully agree with this sentiment, it will not matter when one has actually died. Sure, in one's last moments, one may regret many things and wish they had done many things. But if the death is instantaneous, then it won't matter what they did or didn't do, at least to them (because they wouldn't exist anyway).

In any case, my condolences and may your teacher rest in peace.

P.S.

I'm sure your school will provide some counselors for students just in case?
    So you are saying life is pointless?

Of course it matters - happiness and joy are experienced during your life. So make the most of it while you can.

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I fully agree with this sentiment, it will not matter when one has actually died. Sure, in one's last moments, one may regret many things and wish they had done many things. But if the death is instantaneous, then it won't matter what they did or didn't do, at least to them (because they wouldn't exist anyway).

In any case, my condolences and may your teacher rest in peace.

P.S.

I'm sure your school will provide some counselors for students just in case?
    Please, please, promise me that you aren't going to say that pessimistic crap at a funeral?

RIP, although I never knew him, or you, or anyone or anything to do with you and him, I hope that he achieved what he wanted to achieve before he died.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I know the feeling. One of my teachers died of lung cancer a year or two back. He's one of the reasons I got really interested in physics during GCSE, and am now studying at university.

ReputationRep:
    I know how horrible it is. In Primary school our assistant teacher lost his fight with cancer and, at such a young age, it was a shock to lose someone who you spent a significant amount of time learning from and becoming friends with. He was a lovely man.

My condolences to your teacher's family, friends, colleagues and pupils. :heart:

ReputationRep:
    That's sad to hear. Someone in my year died suddenly a few years ago and I felt really affected by it even though we disliked each other in school. I think it made me really realise that death isn't something that only happens to strangers and old people. It made me realise that I was going to die which terrified me.

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel, a Science teacher lost her battle to Cancer in primary school.
    She helped me so much and had so much faith in me when I found out I was so upset,

RIP

USING THE TSR APP
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I'm sorry to hear that. When I was fifteen, a boy who had just left our school to go on to college died in a car accident. It was awful for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    That's awful news. One of the art teachers at my school got cancer of the oesophagus and died, and a girl two years above died of anorexia.
    RIP.

ReputationRep:
    Of course, it terrifies those when they first come to terms with this. But just to put things in perspective - thousands upon thousands of people die everyday, with over 30,000 of those being children.

Personally, it is not so much the "deaths" of those that gets to me - it is the PAIN. Unimaginable pain whilst dying is horrible and this is what those 30,000 children dying everyday feel - and they're only the ones who die from things that can be quite easily prevented.
    That's what I used to think - I didn't used to fear death because I reasoned that death is inevitable so there's no point worrying about it. But when I was actually confronted with someone my age, someone I have known since we were four years old, dying I started to actually come to terms with the fact that one day I won't exist. Those 30,000 deaths are undoubtedly a greater tragedy than the guy I went to school with dying, but they don't make me think about my own existence in the same way.

ReputationRep:
    I've been through many losses, so know the feeling. Ignore that 'Humansupremecist' guy.. it's a bit disresppectful of him.

My condolences to you <3 :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I am very sorry to hear of this. It is truly a sad day.

We had a teacher at our school who died of a heart attack whilst out on a run about a year ago. It really shook the whole community. And a few more years back, but before my time, a boy set himself on fire, which must have been really terrible.

ReputationRep:
    Even though teachers are people we don't really know outside of school, they're people who we respect and admire, and we rely on them to be there- even if it's just passing them in the corridor. It hits hard when suddenly, one of them isn't there anymore. A teacher at my school committed suicide nearly three years ago and everyone still misses him so much. He'd only been at my school for 2 years (in his first year he was my form tutor so I saw him every day) but he made so much of an impact.

I'm very sorry for your loss, OP. RIP to your teacher, I'm sure he was a brilliant man. The things he has taught you and your good memories of him will be with you for the rest of your life.

ReputationRep:
    RIP.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for your loss I had a maths teacher who died of cancer. She was hilarious... It was such a shock

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm aware that this may appear to be spam but please bear with me and read through my brief few lines. One of my good friends had been unwell due to AN for the past few years now and thankfully, she's strong enough to start up a petition for
    Anorexia sufferers to get intensive support at the start, rather than when they're dying.. Please spare a minute of your time to click on this link and sign the petition and/or share it to friends and family. Many thanks, Anita

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/49213

ReputationRep:
    Sympathies go to you and the family.
    "You got to swim through the bull****"
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    Awful when that happens especially to someone who is well liked. I remember a college teacher I had was a smashing bloke and well respected, remember seeing him on the friday in his usual upbeat self, Monday we came in and were told he had died of a heart attack.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.