Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I have a few questions I was hoping you could answer.

Firstly, if I am applying for a maintenance grant, do my parents have to send in any evidence regarding household income?

Secondly, if I am applying for a tuition fee loan for a PGCE in September, when would be the deadline? If the university has not confirmed the tuition fee amount, would I ask for the maximum tuition fee amount on my form?

Thirdly, if I applied for a tuition fee loan (and maintenance grant) and later decided against taking up my course in September, can the tuition fee loan/grant be cancelled? How much notice would I need to give and does this need to be done by phone?

Thank you.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi HB,

Your parents will be required to provide their National Insurance numbers as well as their income information when supporting your application. We will use their NIs to verify the income information that they've given us with HMRC so we will only require documentary evidence if there's any discrepancy between these figures.

Yes I would suggest applying for the maximum tuition fee as this can always be amended from your online account later. Similarly, if you decide not to attend your can certainly cancel your application for student finance once you've made this decision.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your reply.

I wanted to ask if I can amend my student finance application details online if I apply using a paper form? In other words, can a tuition fee be cancelled or amended online if I applied using a paper form?

Thanks.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi HB,

Yes you can make amendments to your application through your online account once you application status is showing as approved.

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.