The Student Room Group

What should I do for the next 1 and half months?

I took a gap year, I was doing a retail job until I was made redundant last month.

I was bored out of my mind, I enjoy a rest but looking forward for university this September. But basically what should I do until early June. Since I got a summer job.

I rarely leave the house because I got nothing to do. I don't have any friends since most of them are in uni now.
I can't travel abroad because I got no Passport

Any activities or stuff that I could do to kill the time which would be helpful.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Play computer games, watch TV shows, & drink beer...
What do you enjoy doing? There are countless hobbies anyone here could suggest. But if you don't like playing chess, then there's no point in anyone suggesting joining a chess club.

Is there a sport you like to play? Perhaps there's a local team that you could join or if you like something like skating etc that can be done alone, make a habit of going to the skate park or something.

Maybe you could volunteer somewhere? There's tons of voluntary things that aren't working in a charity shop that can be interesting. :smile:

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Vibenation
I took a gap year, I was doing a retail job until I was made redundant last month.

I was bored out of my mind, I enjoy a rest but looking forward for university this September. But basically what should I do until early June. Since I got a summer job.

I rarely leave the house because I got nothing to do. I don't have any friends since most of them are in uni now.
I can't travel abroad because I got no Passport

Any activities or stuff that I could do to kill the time which would be helpful.

Buy some of the books on your reading list for uni and get ahead of the content and go out to clubs, etc at night and meet new people. Gap years should be spent having fun! Not moping around at home!!

If you spend it playing video games….
Reply 5
Thanks for the advice, I would not mind anymore. I can't drink alcohol so I avoid nightclubs but might take a trip to leeds and have fun there for a week and so. I try new stuff out. Thanks everyone who posted. Am grateful. Cheers:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest