Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is this 'Western Propaganda' people are talking about??? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What are people referring to when making accusations about the media? People keep speaking of this propaganda yet I fail to see the exact issue? Is propaganda to them a newspaper which reports on a issue which may be a negative?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slickrick666999)
    What are people referring to when making accusations about the media? People keep speaking of this propaganda yet I fail to see the exact issue? Is propaganda to them a newspaper which reports on a issue which may be a negative?
    its just a load of paranoid morons who let themselves be brainwashed by daft youtube conspiracy videos.

you might hear them muttering about the 'illuminati' (a made up group of rich people who apparently control the world and everything in it, inc the media).

or my favourite- saying 'open your eyes', making out were the brainwashed, deluded, idiots.

i find it quite funny tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cattty)
    its just a load of paranoid morons who let themselves be brainwashed by daft youtube conspiracy videos.

you might hear them muttering about the 'illuminati' (a made up group of rich people who apparently control the world and everything in it, inc the media).

or my favourite- saying 'open your eyes', making out were the brainwashed, deluded, idiots.

i find it quite funny tbh
    Have you ever heard of/watched Fox News? It's absolutely undeniable that they have an agenda.

Below is a clip of taken from Outfoxed, a documentary about Fox news.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg3Hi2mN1fI

The propaganda that was pushed in both the UK and America to gain public support for the Iraq war was astounding.

Noam Chomsky has written extensively on the topic. Link below is him talking on propoganda in 1989:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmoXze-Higc
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I think people mix up bias and the media having a certain view of things as being propaganda which tends to be far more extreme. The Daily Mail is bias, the North Korean Times is propaganda.

ReputationRep:
    Although some people take it to the extremes, it's basically west-originated, pro-west media. In the same way RT is very anti-west and pro-russia, most news outlets in the UK and the US (cant really talk about other countries) are usually on the side of the West in any conflict.

Perfect examples are:

Protest in the UK

BBC says 50,000 people turn up
    RT says 200,000 people turn up

Protest in Russia

BBC says 200,000 people turn up
    RT says 50,000 people turn up

You also see similar things when it comes to Iran, Syria, Libya and so on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    I think people mix up bias and the media having a certain view of things as being propaganda which tends to be far more extreme. The Daily Mail is bias, the North Korean Times is propaganda.
    This. Because the media doesn't print all facts from everywhere without opinion people accuse it of being propaganda, when it's bias.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EwanHarvey)
    Have you ever heard of/watched Fox News? It's absolutely undeniable that they have an agenda.

Below is a clip of taken from Outfoxed, a documentary about Fox news.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg3Hi2mN1fI

The propaganda that was pushed in both the UK and America to gain public support for the Iraq war was astounding.

Noam Chomsky has written extensively on the topic. Link below is him talking on propoganda in 1989:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmoXze-Higc
    fox news is the american equivelent of the daily mail, which is also happy to post their opinions as facts. i wouldnt take fox news seriously.

the only 'propoganda' about the war people respect is the 'support our troops' type of message. very few people support the actual war. there is little support (at least in the uk)

compared to nazi propoganda which delivered messges of hate and lies, i wouldnt class anything the uk or usa media comes out with as being in the same league

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cattty)
    fox news is the american equivelent of the daily mail, which is also happy to post their opinions as facts. i wouldnt take fox news seriously.

the only 'propoganda' about the war people respect is the 'support our troops' type of message. very few people support the actual war. there is little support (at least in the uk)

compared to nazi propoganda which delivered messges of hate and lies, i wouldnt class anything the uk or usa media comes out with as being in the same league
    The demonising of muslims/working class/benefit recipients? Hate and lies.

ReputationRep:
    Denigrating Muslims by warmongering against them in foreign lands while simultaneously harbouring them in our own is suicidal lunacy. We need to uproot our arrogant governing classes and look after our country and its citizens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EwanHarvey)
    The demonising of muslims/working class/benefit recipients? Hate and lies.
    nazi propoganda directly told people to hate the jews, heres an example so you can see the difference- http://www.calvin.edu/academic/cas/gpa/weltparasit.htm

the nazis called the jew parasites and directly spread hatred towards them. there is nothing of this level in the british media towards muslims.

it gets reported if there are wars in muslim countries or if some extremists have tried to blow something up, these are facts and need to be reported.

the media also does not spread direct hatred towards benefit recipients. it may go on about some people claiming benefits when they could work, as this is true.

the media does not call any of these groups parasites or encourage direct hatred and persecution towards them. and it certainly does not suggest the extermination of these groups of people.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.